Silent Night Christmas Village Fun Featuring Amazing Paper Grace...

 


Hello and Welcome!

I have a fun holiday card to share with you today featuring the Silent Night Make a Scene Die from the Holiday Medley Collection by Becca Feeken! 


You'll see that this set has been designed to create an interactive card, however I opted to create a little village scene with it on a simple A2 sized card! I began by picking out some patterned paper from a Recollections Collection that my kids had gifted me years ago! I wanted this card to be festive, so I went with some brighter greens, a pretty reddish burghandy, a hint of brown, and of course some winter whites! 


I opted to die cut an rounded shape in the center of the card using the decorative circle die from the Sweet Serenade Notecard Collection! It is from the Scalloped Symphony Notecard! I thought it was a pretty shape that added more interest than just a circular shape. I then used the same dark green paper that I used as the background mat to cut a frame using the regular circle and the fancy version to create a frame which I adhered around the front! It really draws the eye into the scene this way! 



*the dies for this creation have been graciously supplied by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace*



So, to give this creation a little bit of dimension, I've matted the dark green background paper to the card front, but have used some foam tape to add the bright green layer. This way my little village appeared further back as if you were gazing into the scene!


I got busy cutting my village pieces. I chose to stick with the same paper collection and use some pretty polka dotted paper in browns, greens, and reds. Do you ever die cut your focal die cuts from patterned paper, or do you opt to stick to solid card stock colors? I love the way this little polka dotted village turned out...I think it's adorable!


Now, you'll notice that I did cut the sleigh die cut as I knew I wouldn't have room for the full team of reindeer...but I didn't want to leave Santa off the card! Cutting your die cuts is a great way to get different uses out of them...it's like customizing them to your card creation! 



I love how the scene actually almost turned out like a little snow globe scene! I thought the holly and berry die cuts would be the finishing touch and balance out the design! And, let's talk about that great sentiment which I pulled from the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder! I opted to die cut it twice...once in a red color and again in white...I've layered the two pieces of each together and have them applied them to the front of the card! Doesn't the sentiment just finish out the card beautifully!?!


For the finishing touch, I used some Stickles to give the scene the look of falling snow! It was the perfect way to add some sparkle and shine to the finished card!


I do hope you've enjoyed today's share! I'd love to know what you think! Feel free to leave me a comment below!


APG Supplies Used: 

S5-462 Silent Night Make a Scene

S5-461 Mosaic Bracket Card Builder

S6-177 Scalloped Symphony Notecard


Until next time...





No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!