It's Looking Like a Country Christmas with Amazing Paper Grace...


 Hello My Friends! It's so great to see you!

I've been busy doing some Christmas card creating with one of the releases from the Holiday Medley Collection by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace! I decided to go "country" for this make...and I really do love how it turned out! 



Do you ever see a die for the first time and have an idea pop into your head that you just have to try? That was me with the Merry Filigree Card Builder! You see that tiny little holly and berry die? Well, I got ambitious and decided to make a wreath using it and the small florals from the current October Die of the Month - the Flourished Fleurit! I thought it would be the perfect way to outline and draw attention to that gorgeous die cut sentiment!


To make it super quick and easy, I opted to die cut the solid base of the holly from white card stock...this way I could ink the berries in Ranger Archival Ink - Vermillion, and the leaves in Ranger Archival Ink - Leaf Green. I then die cut the overlay of the holly/berries from white card stock and and adhered it over top the solid colored version. Lastly, I die cut a gold solid version and applied it slightly skewed off the back of the holly die cut so that each of these little pieces would shimmer gold from the behind. The petite flowers and leaves were die cut from solid color card stock which added a touch of different colors and textures to the wreath! A tiny pearl center was all these little flowers needed to finish them off!



I decided that I was going to create a 5"x7" card this go round...but you can easily see how this idea could have worked on a slimline or A2 sized card as well! I chose a rustic country themed paper that I had in my stash and decided that the beautiful framing pieces would look so elegant die cut and layered in gold and white card stock. So that's what I did...a country creation can be ramped up a notch too can't it? I did however have to stick to the traditional twine bow as the finishing touch to keep it a little more rustic! 



I just can't believe how fast this card came together! I love that you can use the builder pieces to create a quick yet elegant background!


I'd love to hear what you think of today's share! Please feel free to leave your comments below!

Supplies Used:

S5-464 Merry Filigree Card Builder 

October APG Die of the Month - Flourished Fleurit


Until next time...



No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!