Introducing the NEW Fluted Classics from Amazing Paper Grace...

 


Within the various collection introductions, Amazing Paper Grace has included sets that were inspired by classic sewing motifs. The Fluted Classics Collection is another wonderful layering shape set with ticking designs reminiscent of the blanket stitch on its edges! Nest the outer and inner rims with the insert to cut a tailored frame or for a beautiful background edge to any layering design. Keep it simple and you can cut a solid shape with just an outer rim. The Fluted Classics come in circle, square, oval, and rectangle shapes. We’ve also added a slimline version for those card makers who want to create an elegant and trendy silhouette.

Today's projects were created with dies provided by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace.

My Projects for Today

Today I'm sharing two projects I created with the Fluted Classic Ovals S5-474! Don't you just love nesting shapes? They allow you to create such gorgeous projects quickly and easily...and what can be more elegant than nesting ovals! They are truly one of my faves! They are perfect for mixing and matching, creating frames, and of course using for your sentiments!

I wanted to create a card and coordinating tag that would be perfect for gifting to friends or loved ones...I thought the tag would be perfect for attaching to a platter of holiday baking...and then of course a coordinating card takes totally takes it up a notch!


For the 5"x7" card, I've gone ahead and layered several of the different oval sizes onto a background I've created with some fabulous Graphic 45 patterned paper, as well as the decorative portion of the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder - die cut from gold card stock! It provided a gorgeous shimmer and shine to set off those fluted die cuts! 


Here's a close up of the gorgeous stitching on the fluted ovals...isn't it stunning! It adds such elegance to the oval shape! You'll see in this close up that I've gone ahead an matted with some gold ovals as well. A little more about those coming up in the Designer Tip section! 


You'll see that I've mimicked the same style of design here on the tag...I've just switched up my papers ever so slightly from the same Graphic 45 Collection! The finishing touch to both projects is of course those gorgeous Cinch and Go Poinsettias! They've been die cut and then inked with some Ranger Archival Ink - Red Geranium and Leaf Green. I've given them some quick shaping with a flower shaping stylus tool and have then added prill centers to give them some texture and interest!


Designers Tip: When working with the Fluted Classic Ovals, I loved adding a solid gold oval behind my fluted pieces or decorative paper. If you look closely, you'll see that I've slightly offset them because they are the same size as the piece in front of them...so only the gold peeks through on one side of the decorative ovals. I've gone ahead and alternated the sides that I've added the solid gold ovals so that it visually gives you some extra interest, but isn't super busy or overwhelming!


Fluted Classics Availability:
These dies and plates are available from Spellbinders right now! Click here: Fluted Classics Collection.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Penny Black Sentiments - Joyful Wishes and Sweetest Wishes
Paper: Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas, white card stock, gold card stock
Ink: Black Ink, Ranger Archival - Red Geranium, Leaf Green

For more Fluted Classics Collection Inspiration
Visit each Creative Team blog linked below for their take on creative paper crafting ideas using the Fluted Classics Collection!

Which Fluted Classics set would you use first?

Lastly, I do have some sad news to share today as well. Due to health issues, this will be my last project with Amazing Paper Grace for now! Once things become more stable, I hope to be back at some point! Thanks for understanding! 

1 comment

Patricia Manhire said...

These are both so beautiful! I love the Christmas colours and your poinsettias are gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!