Festive Handmade Christmas Tag...

Happy Wednesday!
How are you today? 
I'm so glad you're here and we get to spend some time together!

It's another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday! Yay!
This week I have a quick and easy Christmas tag to share with you!

Here's my project...


I love love love this little birdhouse image, and I'd never had a chance to use it yet! Did you know it's a limited edition that was an add on to the Festive Holly Collection? It was only available through Craft and Create TV however, now you can find it in the Limited Editions section in the Heartfelt Creations Online Store...and it is currently priced as at a special savings! 

I've opted to cut the largest arrow from the Arrows and Banners Die from kraft card stock! I just love kraft and I simply don't use it often enough! I've then chosen some decorative paper from the Festive Holly Collection and die cut an arrow two sizes down to use as a mat on the larger arrow. I've adhered the two together, and as you can see, I've snipped off the point of the arrows to create a tag shape! I've then used a hydra sponge to add some Versamark ink lightly around portions of the kraft tag and sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat set it to give it a nice shimmer effect. 

Moving along! I've stamped the birdhouse, one inking of each of the holly images from the Festive Holly and Cardinals cling stamp set that don't contain the cardinals onto a white bristol smooth card stock as I was wanting to try out my new Zig Clean Color Brush Markers. Did you know they can be used straight on the paper and then blended together like Copic markers...or you can use them as a water color marker with a water brush for a softer feel. I chose to do the first option this go round. 

After coloring all of the images and die cutting them using the coordinating die, I die cut two of the snowflakes from the Arianna Lace Die and glittered them using Designer Dries Clear Glue and metal glue tip, along with Rajni Chawla's Frosting Powder! You can't create any Christmas project without that Frosting Powder...it's just not complete!

I then started assembling the decorative elements on the tag. The two snowflake die cuts created the background base....while the bird house image has been popped off the tag using dimensional pop dots. I've then shaped and adhered the holly leaves around and behind the birdhouse.

I then stamped a sentiment from the Winter's Eve Collection onto white card stock using black ink, and then cut it out using the arrow from the Cut Mat Create 1B Die. I finished it with a hint of gold ink around all of the edges and adhered it to the tag!

I went back in with my sponge and embossing powder to add a little gold shimmer on a few places on the birdhouse and also used some Dries Clear Adhesive to adhere some Crystal Transparent Glitter to the berries and holly leaves. Some beautiful Christmas ribbon finished off the project nicely...or so I thought. 


Now I am a huge fan of those adorable tiny clothes pins you can find at the local dollar store. Well, I scored some in some Christmas colors and thought they would be perfect to hold the tag in place on a little gift bag I had purchased! I couldn't resist giving it the Heartfelt Creations touch though...I had to add a mini poinsettia with holly leaves! I think it's the most adorable thing!


I do hope you've enjoyed my share today!
Since I've basically walked you through the instructions, I won't bore you by adding them down below...however I have added links to the items I have used throughout this blog post for you convenience! 

Until next time....

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!