For My Friend...

Hello!
I'm here with a quick share today!
I wanted to share the card creation I just created online during a Facebook Live on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page.

For this live demonstration, I opted to use the Camelia Carnation flower and gorgeous papers! I think the carnation is often a flower that does not get the credit it is due...while standing alone, it may not be one of the most dazzling and showy flowers, but when is the last time you say a beautiful bouquet of flowers without it? It certainly helps other flowers shine their best, and when paired with other florals it can take center stage as well!

Here's a peek at the card we created together...

I opted to do quite a bit of layering on this card...and you may use up an entire page of dimensional pop dots on this creation! LOL

The layering is done so quickly and easily with the fantastic dies from Heartfelt Creations. For the background mat, I've used the second largest die cut from the Eyelet Rectangle and Basics Die. I opted to use the second largest one as I love the look of having a white border around my initial mat...if this look is not for you, the easy fix is to use the largest die to create the 5"x7" card mat which fits your card base perfectly.

For the next set of mats, I've used the next two sizes down also included in the same die collection. These are the two that are the perfect mats for your 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" card bases. I've adhered the two mats together and have then popped them up off of the card base.

For the last set of mats, including the focal image, I've used the Cut Mat Create System...the two I have used here come from the 2A and 2B dies. You can find out more how to use these in my Facebook Live video which I will include at the end of this blog post.

To add some feminine whimsy to this creation, I've used one of the pretty tag dies from the Ornamental Tags Dies. I've die cut two from white card stock so I could adhere one to the top of the card and one on the bottoms as well. I've die cut the coordinating rectangle bar on which I've stamped the sentiment using black ink. I've then popped it up off of the tag base on the bottom of the card using pop dots.

Lastly, it was time to build the carnation and foliage cluster. The carnation has been created with three of each of the petal layers from the Large Carnation Cling Stamp Set, as well as two of the largest sizes from the Small Carnation Cling Stamp Set. They have all been stamped in a Plum Archival Ink and then die cut using the coordinating dies. (The video walk through will show you exactly how to shape these petals using the Basics Shaping Mold, as well as how to assemble the carnation.)

The foliage has been used created using the Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set, coordinating dies as well as coordinating shaping mold.

And, I did opt to show everyone how easy it is to add a stamen center to the smaller flowers making them perfect accent flowers to add to any floral cluster. They require no shaping, just a quick and easy stamen insertion, a bead of hot glue to the back and some green ink to the wire stem...and you're ready to use the little flowers as pretty accents!

I hope you've enjoyed my share today!
I will include the link below for the Facebook Live so you have all of the details should you wish to uas any part of this creation on a design of your own!

https://www.facebook.com/HeartfeltCreations/videos/2140007486318337/

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!