Christmas Advent Calendar

Hi Everyone!
I'm so glad you could join me here today in my little area of blogland!
I have a super treat for you today....actually 24 of them if you're lucky!  LOL
It's another Snow Kissed Collection project created with Heartfelt Creations products!

I won't keep you in suspense any longer!
Here's this weeks projects....a Christmas Advent Calendar!


Now...it's not very often that I will come out and share with you that I love a project...but this one just makes me giddy with happiness!  I love the way it turned out...so much so that I've promised the kids that I will try to make them each one and include them in the designing!  

I've used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the phrase along with the pieces for the advent calendar itself!  The entire project has been completed with the Snow Kissed Paper Collection by Heartfelt Creations with the exception of the back...which is a simple white card stock.  I chose this particular advent calendar file because I loved the fact that it had a shadow box area in which to build a scene as I love dimension!

Here's a closer look from a different angle...


I've fussy cut the upper corner greenery image from the same paper that I've cut the scene from for the backing of the shadowbox area.  I've stamped the little snowman onto white card stock and have colored him with my Ranger Distress Markers.  I've fussy cut the ornamental baubles from another of the decorative papers in the collection and applied them to make them seem that they are hanging from the greenery.  As a final touch I've added some Glitter Snow to the bottom of the shadowbox area and up the side, as well as around the greenery section.  I added some extra Glitter Ritz to the snow because I felt it needed more sparkle.  I've also used my Designer Dries Clear Glue and fine metal tip along with some more Glitter Ritz to add some sparkle to the river scene.  

Here's a closer peek...


I know I would love to fill this up with yummy chocolates and treat myself to one each day on the countdown to Christmas!

I hope you've enjoyed today's little tour of my latest creation!
I'd love to know what you think...so please feel free to leave a comment for me!

Also don't forget to head on down to the Heartfelt Creations blog where they have more wonderful Christmas inspirations for you this week!  The design team has worked hard and would love to hear from you!

Until next time...
Project Supplies and Instructions
Snow Kissed Paper Collection, HCDP1-269
Frolicking Frosty Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3750
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, 159723
Zip Dry Paper Glue, 273900
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles, 352854

Other Products Used:  white card stock, Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine, SVG Attic Advent Calendar Cut File, scissors, Aleene's Glitter Snow, black card stock, Ranger Distress Markers - Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Festive Berries, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmelade, Pine Needles, Evergreen Bough, Glitter Ritz, 3D pop dots, VersaFine Black Ink, Silhouette Design Store Design ID#70864, paint brush

Using electronic die cutting machine, white card stock and instructions that accompany SVG File purchase, cut all base pieces and assemble using a strong paper glue.  Choose papers from designer paper collection to use for the various pieces of cut file.  Locate the river scene as shown to use as backing in the shadow box portion of the calendar.  Cut decorative boxes using designer paper and assemble.   Fussy cut greenery image from the top of paper that was used for the center river scene image panel.  Adhere to inside top corner of shadow box as shown using pop dots for dimension.  Fussy cut decorative baubles from paper collection and adhere to calendar as shown.  Using your electronic die cutting machine and black card stock, cut numbers and Christmas phrase.  Adhere to advent calendar using dries clear glue and fine metal tip.  Stamp snowman image onto white card stock and color using distress markers.  Fussy cut and adhere to advent calendar as shown using pop dots. Using a paint brush adhere snow all across bottom of advent calendar as well as around the greenery portion of the calendar.  Apply Glitter Ritz and allow to dry.  Using your Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and fine metal tip, apply glitter to areas in river scene you wish to have sparkle.  Advent calendar measures approx. 12" x 12".     

  

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!