"Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?"

Hello and Welcome!

Today begins a new challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges!
The title of my blog post should give you a bit of a hint as to our new challenge theme...and should also leave you humming that very popular song from the movie "Frozen"!  LOL

Our new challenge theme this week is...

"Snowmen"

A fun, cool and frosty idea for a Christmas card creation!

Let's begin by having a peek at my card for this challenge...

I had the pleasure of creating with a Bugaboo Stamps image called "Brats - Winter Snowman".  
This image just reminded me of our son and daughter playing in the front yard working on building a snowman together.  
I colored up the image with my Spectrum Noir markers and chose a Recollections snowflake paper from a Christmas paper pack I picked up on sale at Michaels last week to use as the background.  I then cut some snowflakes and swirl die cuts with various dies and my BigShot.  I then glittered up the two corner snowflakes with some Crystal Stickles and applied a white sequin to the centre of each.  I found a vellum sentiment among my stash that I'd had for quite some time and felt that it suited the image....kids always delight in making a snowman don't they?
For the finishing touch, I added some Aleene's Glitter Snow to the bottom of the image to give it some extra shine and texture. 
I think this would make a great card to give to a child during the holiday season along with a gift card or some cash enclosed.  

Now...how about we move along to the sponsor details for this challenge...
Please welcome ...

"Bugaboo Stamps"
along with...

"The Stamping Boutique"
store

Please be sure to check out the Holly Jolly Challenge Blog to see the wonderful prizes these awesome companies are offering two lucky winners!
While you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic creations the rest of the lovely and talented DT members have created.

Before I go...I quickly wanted to share with you one more Snowman project my daughter, my mom and I worked on this past Thanksgiving weekend.  We were busy finishing the sock snowmen my daughter had suggested we build for the upcoming Christmas Craft Sale I will be doing the first Saturday in November.

Here's a pic of two of them...


We had so much fun creating them.  We made 13 in total...and it was so much fun to watch as each snowman took on it's own look and personality as it was dressed and different embellishments added.  We even created a few that landed up reminding us of family members!

So...the rest is up to you!
Rummage through your digis, rubber stamps, clear stamps, collage images and find that perfect snowman to create a special Christmas card.  Then be sure to link up with us at Holly Jolly so we can see what you've created!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Crafting at the Weekend..."Anything Goes"
Little Claire's Designs Monthly Challenge..."Christmas Theme"
We Do Doobadoo Challenges..."Christmas"
The Crafty Bloggers Network..."Christmas"
My Craft Creations..."Anything Goes"
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge..."Anything Goes"
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes/CAS"
The Glory of Christmas Challenge..."Snowman"
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'..."Snowflakes"


12 comments

Linda Anderson said...

Super sweet creation Tracey! Love your image (I think I love ALL Bugaboo images!!!), perfect for the snowman challenge.

Linda

~ginny said...

Delighted you are sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Tracey! Using that sentiment on acetate out of your stash is creative! Fun card to add to your Christmas stash too!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create Challenge #93 Anything Goes/optional twist- CAS design
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Jacquel said...

That image is too cute & I like your coloring! I think your snowmen came out great too...TFS!!!
DT Sis Jackie

Pink Unicorn said...

Tracey, your card certainly is a delight. I have a thing for snowflake embellishments at the moment and yours are great!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card, love the colors, and embellishment and papers. Great sock snowmen too.
Cindy

sweet art designs said...

Your card is lovely. Your sock snow people are adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

Inkyfingers said...

What a cute card and I love your colouring, BUT your sock snowmen blew me away!!! So sweet and I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes at your craft sale.
Hugs
Carol x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.
Lovely snowmen you created with your mum and daughter. TFS

Marilyn said...

This is another great card Tracey and really, who doesn't love snowmen! I don't like our Canadian winters sometimes (brrrr...) but I do love snowmen!
Thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’, good luck in the challenge and I hope you will be back again.
Marilyn

Helen said...

Love it - a really cute, fun card. Love the two snowman you've made too.

Thanks for joining us at The Glory of Christmas challenge.

Helen x

Sharon Noble said...

Such a sweet card . Thank you for joining us at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog. Good luck in the draw. I hope we will see you next time your works outstanding.
Hugs Sharon (DT)

Diane said...

Super card Tracey and love the sock snowmen !! Glad you could play along with us this month at Little Claires !!

hugs Diane xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!