The Colors of Nature

Hello, hello, hello!
So glad you could stop by today and visit with me!

As I schedule this blog post, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and I'm busy packing our camper as we can move onto our seasonal site.  
The grass has finally started greening up...I've noticed there are a few perennials starting to pop up in yards and the trees are finally starting to bud!

I love spring!  I love watching the colors come alive!
I can hardly wait until my flower garden looks like our chosen picture for this weeks challenge over at {Pin}spirational Challenges.

Just look at all this color...

 

Isn't it just fabulous!

When I saw this {Pin}spiring photo, my mind quickly went to a project I had been working on for a gift for a friends daughter who was getting baptized this last Sunday!  I have just started dabbling a little more in mixed media and thought a teenage girl might like a mixed media canvas for her room.  My daughter is close friends with this young lady and was more than willing to help me pick out colors, stencils, washi tape, etc.  
We schemed and schemed...and here's what we came up with...


We based the canvas on her favorite Bible Verse...


and we paper pieced a Prima Doll stamp because wouldn't any teenage girl love this image with attitude...


...and I wanted to summarize the Bible verse in a "teen" kinda way, so I decided on a saying and cut out the lettering with my Silhouette Cameo...


My daughter and I had so much fun playing with the sprays, tissue paper, patterned papers, the texture paste and stencils and we both love how colorful the canvas turned out!
Not too shabby (we thought) for not having done much of this style of crafting.  
I do have to say that I am hooked...LOL
I had to come up with a quick craft for some of the church kiddos the other day and decided to get them into this as well....

Here's what they came up with...


(so sorry the picture isn't great quality ...only had the phone handy)

 Now, I've been so excited to share my creation with you today, that I've completely forgotten to mention our sponsors for this challenge...

 

...and...


as well as...


I hope I've encouraged you to create something special using our picture this week over at {Pin}spirational Challenges.  Be inspired by the colors, the textures, or the flowers...let your creativity lead you...and be sure to link up with us so you have a chance at some awesome prizes!

Until next time...

This creation has been shared in the following challenges...

22 comments

Papercrafting Princess said...

The canvas is absolutely gorgeous Tracey. You used the perfect scripture and I'm sure she will hold it dear to her heart!

Unknown said...

That that mixed media is truly a work of art. the music, gauzy butterfly and all the other wonderful additions are the perfect landing place for His words. Thank you for taking time to share with us today at Word Art Wednesday. Many Blessings, Carole

Angie said...

Neat project love all he roses at the bottom! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Diane Noble said...

Oh, I love mixed media and this one is just outstanding. Beautifully done! Thank you so much for taking the time to join us at Word Art Wednesday and participate in our challenge. We love having you there to showcase your lovely artwork. Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

Unknown said...

Your canvas is beautiful. And that is one of my favorite scriptures as well. Love how you used the Prima doll stamp. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at SEM.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous x thanks for joining us at seemacrafts rainbows and butterflies challange x

pauline said...

Love it . thankyou for joining us at seemacrafts rainbows and butterflies challange x

Sandra Wright. said...

A really beautiful canvas, not just in looks,but sentiment too...a stunning entry for our challenge over at ...http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/...x

Kate said...

This is SUCH a lovely card - not only with respect to the gorgeous design, but the wonderful sentiment too! And what a thoughtful idea to "teenify" the verse in words and font! Fabulous job!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Love your art canvas--especially the scripture! Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Marina said...

Stunning mixed media project. Marina, fellow Pin DT member

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

such a beautiful project - thank you for sharing over at EE this month x

Unknown said...

fabulous project love it thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

Gwen said...

This is just incredible all the way around! Love the background and the sweet girl and the verse is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

Karen said...

This is truly something to treasure! I adore mixed media projects and I could just stare at this one all day. So inspiring from the sentiment to the colors to the design! Beautifully done in every facet. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Unknown said...

Fantastic canvas project!!!! Love it!!!! Thank you for joining in this months challenge on Seemacrafts. Hugs Donalda Design Team Member.

Sammy said...

Just gorgeous! I really, really love the colours! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Robin said...

Gorgeous cards! The colors are just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

Robin said...

Gorgeous cards! The colors are just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

Jessica said...

The canvas is beautiful, I'm sure the recipient loved it! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

Helen Gullett said...

Gorgeous canvas with wonderful promise of God! And those little canvases are beautiful, they did amazing! Thank You for playing with SEM this month :)

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!