Let's Get Into Shape...

Hello!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Don't worry, I'm not here with a fitness or exercise plan as my post title might lead you to believe!

I'm back today with the new challenge over at the Unstampabelles....where your challenge is to create a paper craft that does not involve any stamps!  And, of course we always have a twist.  This months twist is to include at least 3 geometric shapes in your creation.  Don't worry, once you get down to it it's really not as hard as it seems.

We have a wonderful sponsor this month...


http://www.annabellestamps.com/
...who is offering one lucky prize winner a $15 discount coupon!

I came across a cute cutting file for my Silhouette Cameo over at My ScrapChick which I just knew I had to own!  I had this challenge sitting in the far back of my mind, just wondering what I could create....so the first thing I did was to start counting shapes!  LOL

Here's the creation...we'll run through the various shapes in just a minute...


Isn't that just the cutest easel card!  I had so much fun working with it...thinking about spring and wishing it was coming a little faster.

Now, as you can see we have a variety of circles and scalloped circles on this project.  Then there's all the rectangles in the fence, and let's not overlook the elongated oval which acts as the card stop and the tiny triangles for the birdies beak!  See...not so hard when you start looking for the shapes.
I must admit that I started looking through my stamp collection when I suddenly remembered that I couldn't use any stamps!  LOL.  I rummaged through my tiny stack of rub ons and came up empty handed there as well...so my own handwriting and sentiment it was!  I do believe this is the first time I have even handwritten a sentiment on one of my cards...I always think it just doesn't look as put together as when I stamp or use a digi sentiment.  But, I have to admit that the handwriting sorta suits this card! 

So, now it's your turn.  You have one month to play along!
I can hardly wait to see how your card "shapes" up!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Crafty Girls..."Anything Goes" 
Cute Card Thursday..."Springtime"
Little Miss Muffet Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Challenges and Candies..."Spring is Around the Corner"
Sister Act Card Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Allsorts Challenge Blog..."Spring is Coming"



5 comments

Susan Hogan said...

Yes, agree with Anita - beautiful and so cute too and YES, your handwriting looks fabulous. Mine is a scrawl but yours is so neat! Don't know what it is but if I print its OK but if I write it becomes unreadable! Love those two birdies too - very sweet.

brenda said...

A beautiful creation and perfect for our Spring theme Tracey.

Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

B x

JanR said...

This is a lovely card! Such a wonderful shape and your handwriting fits perfectly!

Sharon said...

Great shaped card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Lovely card, thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Girls Challenge
Hugs Donna DT xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!