Accept this Challenge...

...if you dare!

Welcome!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!

Let's do something different in this post today...just because I feel like doing something a little different and this new challenge over at Pile it On has me chuckling and maybe even hanging my head in shame a little.  

Let's start by looking at the card I created, and then I'll give you all the deets...

Here's the unveiling...


Any guesses as to what our theme for the new challenge this week is?

Ready...

 It's "Pretty Hair"!

Now you must get why I'm chuckling and hanging my head in shame ever so slightly!  I am still trying to perfect coloring with my Spectrum Noir markers and hair will definitely be on my list for awhile until it is perfected!

But, I do have to say it was fun to make this card because the little girl digi was so darn cute!  Her name is "Popcorn Ellie" who is one of the cute images we could choose to play with from our current sponsor....

 

I decided to keep this card more on the CAS side this time.  I found some awesome paper in the Silhouette Online store that I knew would suit this image perfectly!  (And they were having a half price sale so I was excited and bought a few more things!)  I printed out the digi and the sentiment through the Cameo so I could have them both sized together properly and just on one flat white sheet of cardstock.  The sentiment was a freebie from TLC Creations awhile back on "Popcorn Day".  I did not know it even gave such a day!  LOL  I then colored up Ellie, worked with some matting and lastly added a bright red ribbon.  Now I also added some red stickles to her bow in her hair...because you know she is supposed to have pretty hair...and I think I may not have done justice to her hair coloring!  For the finishing touch, I printed and cut some popcorn from a print file I purchased from the Silhouette Online store.  I thought it added a touch of funkiness to the card!

I suppose it's only fair that I give you a close up of this "Pretty Hair" attempt...


...see there really is some shading with different colors going on!  LOL

Well, what can I say other than now it's your turn to accept this challenge if you dare!  I know there are so many of you who color hair so beautifully!  C'mon show me how it's done!  Don't forget to link up with us at Pile it On and accept our other challenge which is to enter as many other challenges as you can!  I can hardly wait to browse through all the entries...and maybe pick up a tip or two!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Challenges 4 Everybody..."Anything Goes"
The ABC Challenge..."H is for Hair"
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog..."Use Stamp or Digi"
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenges..."March Challenge"
Digi Galore..."Anything Goes"
Doodle Pantry..."Any Digi Goes"
DL Art Thankful Thursday..."5 Word Sentiment"
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Melonheadz Friends..."Girly" 
Craft-Dee Bowz..."Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow"
 Created with Love..."Girly"
Fitztown Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Crafty Ribbons Challenge..."Anything Goes with Ribbon"
Brown Sugar Challenge..."Anything Goes"
Crafts 4 Eternity..."Anything Goes"
Cut it Up..."Anything Goes"
Stampin' for the Weekend..."Anything Goes"
Hobby Cutz Challenges..."Girly but no Pink" 
One Stitch At a Time..."For a Woman in you Life"







21 comments

StampNScrapJunkie said...

This is great! Love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
FCB DT Coordinator

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card, I love the sentiment and the popcorn flying around
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #128 use at least a 5 word sentiment challenge, Have a great day
DIANA L.
http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Mollie said...

Super fun card! LOVE the color scheme and your image is so cute! Her bow looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Cut It Up!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card, wonderful image! I love how you did the popcorn and all the sparkles in her bow. Thanks for joining us the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #44!

Kaija said...

This is so super card!
Thank for joining us at Fitztown Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member

Planetsusie said...

This is a lovely card Tracey - the popcorn looks yummy! lol. Such a great little image as well, I am with you on the colouring, I am still practising myself - some days I am pleased, others I'm definitely not! However, I can see the different shades in her hair and she looks gorgeous in her stripey dress!

Thank you so much for joining us over at the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creation...I do so love the sentiment and you did have me stumped as to the theme. The hair looks great !!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck.

Lynn, OSAAT DT

Donna Maligno said...

Such an adorable image and I love the popcorn sentiment. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge for March.

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week!
Hugs Lynsey x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Aw, so cute. Love the papers and the bow!
Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

~ginny said...

First off - I think you are doing great with your coloring Tracey! Hair is definitely the hardest for me too. Two quick tips from what I've learned if you are interested... I watch for images where someone has colored hair beautifully and I check out the colors they used. I am keeping a small notebook with hair colors I like together for blondes, redheads, etc. The other thing I watch for is how they do their shadows and highlights... that and blending skills seems to be the key! Ooooh sorry - I got off on a tangent there - LOL!
Back to you and all the things I like about your card! The glitter in her bow is luscious and picks up on that beautiful red ribbon and bow you used. You're right - that paper is perfect for this image with the red and white stripes, and is that liquid pearls on the pop-corn? That is creative ladybird - makes the kernel 3D and shiny at the same time! A neat trick I will have to remember!
Thank you for sharing your fun & happy project & creativity with us!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#102 "Any Thing Goes"]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

CG said...

Hi Tracey! I just love this card...I had so much fun using it for Pile It On too, and I really like your popcorn! The liquid pearls are so great. Really enjoyed reading about how you made the card. So glad to have you on the PIO team, and also thank for joining us this week at One Stitch at a Time! Best, CG

sammi said...

Oh my gosh adorable! This card really "pops!" Thanks for playing along with us in our “Girly With No Pink” Challenge at Hobbycutz! We hope to see you, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Hobbycutz

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute card! I love the popcorn! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge! :)

Wendy L said...

Colouring looks great, thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz this time, xxxx

Unknown said...

Awww so sweet card. Love sentiment and pop corn around image. Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
Jasmina DT PND

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon. x

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at OSAAT this week.
DT Nataliya

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun image/sentiment combination. Your card is fabulous!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Girly Challenge!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fun, cute card! Thanks so much for joining us for Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 45.

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!