Introducing the Cottage Garden Collection from Heartfelt Creations...

Hello! I'm so glad you're here!
Are you ready to take a walk with me through a gorgeous cottage garden filled with big, bold and robust hydrangeas? I don't know about you, but I love hydrangea flowers! They are so light, airy and beautiful! You are going to just fall in love with the new Cottage Garden Collection! The colors are so soothing and the illustrations are divine!

I love that Heartfelt Creations has made this gorgeous blossom so easy to recreate...and I especially love the hydrangea stamped illustrations making it so very easy to create a gorgeous flower! 

For my share today, I opted to use the mid sized hydrangea blossom to make a brooch!
I stopped in at Michael's craft store and picked up some silver jewelry stamping discs and some brooch/pin backs. I roughed up the back of the disc and adhered the pin to the back of it using the strong E6000 adhesive. 

I die cut 5 of the mid sized hydrangea flower from a sturdy white card stock, and then 1 from a silver paper. I adhered all of these together to create the base for the brooch...with the silver being on the backside where you will want to adhere the pin disc. Using the E6000 adhesive, I've then adhered the pin disc to the back of the start of the brooch. 

...here's a pic of how the base came together...


Next, I stamped two of the hydrangea illustrations onto a sturdy white card stock with Versamark ink, sprinkled it with silver embossing powder and then heat set it with my heat tool. 

Using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper, I then stamped the smallest hydrangea petal images 4 times, again with Versamark ink, and proceeded to heat emboss them with silver embossing powder as well.

Grabbing my Stack and Store Daubers, I turned to coloring the image and the flower petals. For the flower petals and the portion of floral hydrangea image, I added a light base coat of Ranger Archival Ink - Cactus Flower and then added a hint of Ranger Archival Ink -Pink Peony over top. I used the same color combination to one of the base hydrangeas. 

Next, I colored up the leaves using a combination of Ranger Archival Ink - Olive and Ranger Archival Ink - Leaf Green on both stamped images. All illustrations and petals are now ready to be die cut with the coordinating die.

For a hint of color on just a few of the edges of the hydrangea petals, I opted to add just a touch of Ranger Archival Ink - Deep Purple. Once this was completed, I added them to the 3D Hydrangea Shaping Mold and shaped the flowers easily!

Then came time to add the main image to the brooch front. Using Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, I added the colored image to the brooch, and began adding the small blossoms to build my hydrangea with my hot glue gun!

...are you ready to see how it turned out...

  
I love how the silver embossing gives it a metal like look as that of a real brooch. I've added silver prills to the centers of all of the little flowers again mimicking the look of metal on a real brooch. 

Next, I added some shimmer to the petals with some Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and some Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter. I brushed some adhesive onto the stem and leaves and then sprinkled them with glitter as well...this dulled the greens I had used to color the foliage, but again gave the brooch the metallic look I was looking for. I then set the project aside to give it time to dry fully before finishing.

You'll notice that I have extra leaves on the brooch and that they don't quite line up with the other stamped image I've used. This is where the second stamping of the illustrations comes in. I snipped of the the flower and wanted to use just the foliage to finish off the brooch. I used a spritz of water and my Deluxe Flower Shaping tool to shaped the leaves ever so slightly. Using the E6000 adhesive, I then lined up the stems of the foliage to go over top the front image, but added just a small amount at the base of the leaf - at the stem - and then pushed them off center slightly to give it a unique look and keep the dimension of the leaves. Next, I added some glitter accents on the leaves to blend in alongside the hydrangea blossom. Again, at this point you will need to set the project aside to dry completely before moving on to the finishing steps.

Lastly, I wanted to the layers of white paper along the edges of the brooch to be less visible, so I used a small silver ink pad to ink over all of the edges so they would blend in more with the silver embossing. Then to give the brooch an extra shine and some strength, I covered it all with Crystal Clear Lacquer! I am super happy with how it turned out!

I do hope you've enjoyed what I've shared with you today!
Be sure to hop on over to the Heartfelt Creations Blog where the rest of the talented design team have created gorgeous projects for your creative inspirations!

Until next time...
Project Supplies
HCPC-3900 Cottage Garden Hydrangea Cling Stamp Set
HCPC-3901 Fresh Cut Hydrangea Cling Stamp Set
HCD1-7278 Cottage Garden Hydrangea Die
HCD1-7279 Fresh Cut Hydrangea Die
HCFB1-489 3D Hydrangea Shaping Mold

Other Products Used: BigShot Die Cutting Machine, Gemini Die Cutting Machine, silver embossing powder, heat gun, Versamark Ink, white card stock, silver ink, jewelry stamping disc, brooch pin back, silver card stock, water, mist bottle

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!