Creating Gorgeous Scenes with the Wilderness Retreat Collection...

Hello and Welcome!
It's so hard to believe that we're in December already, isn't it!
Are you ready for the holiday season? 

Today I wanted to share one last card with you created with the Wilderness Retreat Collection from Heartfelt Creations!

This is a small A2 size card, and comes together very quickly and easily once you have all of your images colored! I've chosen to use Zig Markers to watercolor my images, but you could use blendable pencils as well and achieve an equally gorgeous result!

...here's how the card turned out...


 I opted to cut a white mat for my card background using the Eyelet Rectangle & Basics Die.
I've then cut an oval into the mat using the Eyelet Oval & Basics Large Die. Next I have created the background sky by using the nesting die the next size down of the ovals from the Eyelet Oval & Basics Small Die and a sky like piece of patterned paper from the Wilderness Retreat Paper Collection. These two collections of dies nest together beautifully, and you'll always have the perfect size oval on hand for all of your paper projects! 

I've stamped all of my illustrations onto a mixed media paper using Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black, as I wanted to watercolor them using my Zig Real Brush Markers. If you love to color, you will absolutely love this collection! I've stamped the cottage illustration from the Create a 'scape Backcountry Cling Stamp Set twice as I knew I wanted to die cut some elements from it to add some more dimension to the card. I stamped the Create a 'scape Trout Lake Cling Stamp Set once as I wanted to use some of the trees from the scene to add to the card scene I was building. I also stamped the cattails and the rocky ground from the Trout Lake Cling Stamp Set as well so I could add those elements to the front of the card giving it a scene with more depth. Lastly, I stamped the eagle and the duck illustrations from the Create a 'scape Nature Cling Stamp Set.

I've then die cut the the cottage illustration with just the outline die and have then used an oval to cut the rest of the image to release from the paper. From the second stamping of the cottage die, I've die cut the tree to use as an extra added embellishment. Don't throw away any of the rest of the colored illustration...you'll be able to store those to have on hand when you have another card to make!

Next, I've die cut the trees from the Trout Lake image and have trimmed them off the rest of the scene as needed so I could use them in the background. I've then die cut all of the other elements with the coordinating dies. 

And now the scene building fun can begin!
I attached the sky like oval to the center of the card as shown, while positioning the front card mat over top to make sure that it would all line up well. Then I've added the duck scene, making sure not to adhere the ducks all the way down, so they would appear that they are flying off of the page. Moving over to the other side of the scene, I've added in the treeline from the Trout Lake illustration. Once happy with all the placements, I've adhered the white mat over top of the card base using dimensional foam tape. 

Now begins the scene building on the front of the card!
I've adhered the cottage illustration to the card base using dimensional foam tape. I've popped up the single tree I die cut from the second cottage illustration just slightly off to the side of the other one to give the cabin a more treed in feeling. I've adhered the cattails to the bottom of the scene as shown, and have then snipped a portion of the rocky ground to layer beside, slightly overlapping the cattails. Lastly, I've added the soaring eagle to the top corner as shown using dimensional foam tape as well.

To complete the scene, I chose a preprinted sentiment from the paper collection and adhered it to the top corner opposite the eagle, and using a Designer Dries Clear Adhesive I've added some Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter to the eagles wings, as well as the cattails and the rocky ground die cuts!

This gorgeous collection is perfect for creating those had to make masculine cards and is sure to wow the men in your life...but don't worry, the ladies will love all of the creations you make with this collection as well!

I recently did a Facebook Live with this collection, showcasing how quickly and easily these scenes come together...and how easy it is to create an A2 sized card that is still dimensional and ideal for sending through snail mail. You can also bundle several of these note cards together to make a wonderful gift for someone who has everything! They'll love having beautiful cards on hand to gift to their friends and loved ones!

And, just in case you didn't get to see the LIVE, just follow the link below!
 https://www.facebook.com/HeartfeltCreations/videos/554210878733232/

...here's the card we made together...


I do hope you've enjoyed today's share!
I hope you've been encouraged to build gorgeous scenic cards all your own!
With the stunning images and coordinating die cuts within the Wilderness Retreat Collection, the scene building possibilities are almost endless!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!