Happiness is Being with You

Welcome!
It's Wednesday, which means it's a Heartfelt Creations project I've prepared to share with you today!
I feel that I must start this blog post with a confession...and a craft disclaimer!  LOL
What you are about to see here today is something that has not been seen on this blog EVER!
Preview at your own risk!

Hopefully there are still some of you with me after that!

My confession...I am not a real scrapbooker!
I have not completed a scrapbook page in the last 3 years or so I would say!
A blank 12x12 page scares me...and I panic wondering how I am supposed to fill up all that space on a page.  I dislike cutting my photos, I find it stressful to create a layout...and it takes me forever!
That all being said, I decided to take a plunge into the unknown and try a layout for Heartfelt Creations this week!

Ready for a preview?


Let me show you another angle...


I have to say that I actually enjoyed myself creating this project!
Oh don't get me wrong...there were still moments of great angst...but the Heartfelt Creations collections just make it so easy to pull it all together!

This photo is a snapshot of my Grandma with my daughter when she was three months old.  When I saw the sentiment on the bottom of the paper I've used, I knew this would be the perfect picture to use....Grandma always thought that being with her great grandchildren was pure happiness!  I also knew I had to fussy cut the top sentiment because she felt that those little people were masterpieces.

Let's take a close look at some of the elements on the page...


I've accented the photo with one of the gorgeous Heartfelt Creations corner dies.  I've also used a ticket sentiment from the Butterfly Medley paper pack and placed a rose cluster around it.  These roses remind me of the wild roses that grow in the ditches around our area!  They are beautiful and come in beautiful pinks and reds.  I've used one of the stamps from the collection for the focal point behind the photograph.  It's been stamped onto a blank card panel and then colored with Spectrum Noir colored pencils.  

How about some close up of some of the botanical roses...


...and this collection has such beautiful butterflies...

...here's another view...


For the full instructions on how this layout was created, be sure to check out the end of this blog post or the Heartfelt Creations blog. While you're there, be sure to check out the other design team members creations.  They are sure to wow you!

That's all for me today!
Thanks for indulging me and taking a peek at my scrapbook page.  
Hopefully you're good with me attempting this again sometime!
Practice will make perfect!  Ha, ha, ha!

Until next time...

Project Supplies and Instructions
HCDP1-251 Butterfly Medley Paper Collection
HCPC-3653 Botanical Rose Bouquet Cling Stamp Set
HCPC-3650 Butterfly Medley Cling Stamp Set
HCPC-3651 Botanical Rose Cling Stamp Set
HCD1-759  Butterfly Medley Die
HCD1-758 Botanical Wings Die
HCD2-752 Cut Mat Create 2B Die
HCD1-728 Timeless Amour Die
ANC850 Spring Bling Prills Lemon Chiffon
SMP001 Stamp Mat Pad
159223 Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
459222 Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
273900 Zip Dry Glue
TSMP400  Rose Bud Memento Dye Ink Pad
TSMP707  Bamboo Leaves Memento Dye Ink Pad
TSMP708  Olive Grove Memento Dye Ink Pad
TSMP602  Teal Zeal Memento Dye Ink Pad

Other Products Used:  scor tape, Stampin Up Inks - Positively Pink and Basic Black, Versa Color Pine Cone ink, BigShot manual die cutting machine, lace ribbon, washi tape, Spectrum Noir Blending Pencils (041, 035, 034, 031, 030, 057, 059), Spectrum Noir Blending Solution and blending stumps, white card stock, 3D pop dots, finger daubers,  Memento Ink Pads - Gray Flannel, Angel Pink, Lulu Lavender,  Stickles - Ice Blue, Mercury Glass, Pink Taffeta

Locate the "Happiness is Being With You" sentiment 12"x12" page within the Butterfly Medley Paper Collection.  Ink all the edges with a brown colored ink.  Set aside and locate the the large 5"x7" blank card panel pictured. Ink all edges of the panel with brown ink as well.    Create a mask around the oval on the card panel using washi tape, and stamp the image onto the centre of the panel using black ink.  Once dry, color using Spectrum Noir markers and blending solution.  Next locate the paper in the collection with the blue flower clusters, and cut slightly larger than the 5"x7" card panel.  You will be using this as a mat behind the stamped image panel.  Using the same paper, create a mat for your photo.  Ink both of these mats with brown colored ink around all edges.  Fussy cut the sentiment strip for the side of the layout, as well as the the tag sentiment located on the picture and lastly the sentiment strip used across the stamped image card panel.  Ink all edges of these elements with brown ink as well.  Attach the ribbon lace to the side of the layout and then the long sentiment strip on top of it.  Attach ribbon to the top and one side of the image panel as shown.  Adhere blue floral paper mat to the layout, then adhere the colored image panel staggered off to one side of the flower mat.  Mat your photo and then adhere it to the layout.  Die cut two corners from the Cut Mat Create 2B die set.  Apply one corner to the top of the colored image panel and one to the opposite corner on the photo.  Adhere the ticket sentiment to the side of the photo where you will be placing  a flower cluster as shown. Die cut 3 lace hearts at this time as well.  Begin flowers by stamping the images onto white card stock in pink and then inking some with a darker color pink and some with a lighter color pink on the edges of the petals.  Ink the back of the petals slightly as well as some of them will be standing off the page and the back side will be seen.  Shape flowers using a mist of water, flower shaping mat and tools. Die cut with the coordinating die.  Create some with layers and some as singles.  Set aside to dry and once dry, ink each petal tip slightly with a soft brown ink.  Add prills to the centre of each blossom.  Begin placing the flowers along the side of the layout and create a cluster on the corner of the photo near the colored card panel.  Once happy with placement adhere to page.  Stamp leaves in a darker brown ink onto a piece of green patterned paper from the paper collection.  Add a touch of light green to the centre of each leaf, and then die cut using the coordinating die.  Ink the edge of each leaf with a darker color green.  Once again using a mist of water, and flower shaping mat and tools shape each leaf.  Begin placement among the flowers and adhere to page once happy with placement.  Adhere the three die cut lace hearts as shown.  Stamp butterfly images onto white cardstock using Gray Flannel Memento ink.   Color with several different shades using finger daubers.  Then add Stickles to each butterfly.  Bend the butterflies ever so slightly to give them some dimension.  Add to each heart die cut in the  layout using 3D pop dots to give them the look of resting on the flowers. Your layout is now ready to gift, or to hang on display proudly in your home!

9 comments

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my giddy aunt! What a gorgeous, gorgeous layout! Those flowers!!!!!! Be still my heart! I know how long it takes to make them...and I am just so impressed. I can't believe that you haven't done layouts before, as this is sheer perfection! You are just so talented, Tracey! Wonderful!

Karan Gerber said...

beautiful layout Tracy, love your die work, i now the time involved in creating a layout like this, so i know the time taken to bring it together. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Wow Tracey!! Gorgeous layout!! I would have never guessed you had not done one in over three years. Your flowers are stunning. I can almost smell their lovely scent!!!

Joann said...

Stunning layout Tracey, I too am floored that you haven't done a LO lately because you are truly a natural talent. Gorgeous!

Nupur Priya said...

I just love this layout...it is gorgeous... those blooms, hearts & butterflies everything is so lovely... :)

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Those flowers look so real you can almost smell them!!!

Maureen R said...

Stunning Tracey! I think your layout is perfect. I can see that it is a labor of love and you've added specials details to the whole page! Hugs, M

Nancy said...

Well, my friend! I think you should get over the notion that you are not a scrapbooker. This page qualifies you as an expert in the field...it's GORGEOUS!! :o)

Anne Harada said...

Tracey this is awesome! I'm not a scrapbooker either, you made me laugh!! You've inspired me (yikes!) I think you need to keep doing more pages, it's beautiful! I love it!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!