Summer Happiness

Hello and welcome to another Wednesday!  Today I wanted to share with you a card I created using a digi stamp from "A Day For Daisies" who is our sponsor for our current card challenge over at Crafty Creations Challenges.


 Our theme this week is "Summer Holidays", and I chose the digi stamp entitled "Boy at the Beach".  I fell in love with this image when I saw it because it totally reminded me of my son!  Our favorite summer holidays are spent camping...which of course involves time at the beach.  Both of my children love the water and playing in the sand, however my son is always so excited to be there.  He loves playing in the sand making sand castles, digging holes to fill with water, etc.  It always seems that he has such freedom and no cares in the world when he is splashing in the water, digging in the sand...it's pure happiness. 

Well enough chit chat...here's the card I created with this delightful image!


Now I wanted this card to be more along the clean and simple line so that the image would be where your eye was drawn.  I have to admit that I was a little worried working on this card as I seldom water color as it isn't my strongest talent.  I also have to admit that this is one of the first digi stamps I have ever used!  I think I am okay with how it turned out.


 The image has been colored with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  The background paper is a paper that I won at a scrapbook crop I attended and have had kicking around in my scrap room for quite some time.  The colors and stripes just reminded me of the beach for some reason.  I cut out the circle in the background paper using my Spellbinders Circle die cut template and used the same circle die cut for the image of the boy at the beach.  I then placed a piece of brown card stock behind the circle cut out where the image was to be mounted.  The little flags have also been cut with a Spellbinders die called "Button and Bunting".  The entire card has been lightly inked with a brown color to give it a worn and seaside feeling.  All edges have been inked with the same brown color just a tad bit darker to give the card some contrast.


 The sentiment is from Stamp 'n Up and totally tied in with the feeling I wanted to portray through the image...the sight and feeling I described of my son earlier...just happy and relaxed.  I think this sentiment is so true for many of us...we are so busy looking for happiness that we forget to be happy and content just where we are.


Well, that's pretty much it for me today.  I hope you pop by Crafty Creations and link up your "Summer Holiday" creation with us there.  The rest of our Design Team has some awesome creations as well, so be sure to stop by their blogs and leave them some blog love as well.  Until next time...

I have entered this creation into the following challenges as well...

Heck of a Challenge..."The Sea"
Seemacrafts..."Vacation/Holiday" 
Sunday Stamps..."It's a Sketch" 
Wags 'n Whiskers..."Summer Fun"
Bearly Mine Challenges..."Anything Goes"
ScrapCreations..."Vacation"
Inky Chicks..."Summer Colors"
Through the Craftroom Doors..."Anything Goes"
Tuesday Throwdown..."Toes in the Sand"
Freshly Brewed Designs..."Take a Vacation"
C is for Challenge..."Summer"
The Crazy Challenge..."Summertime"
Pumpkin Spice..."Summer"
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards..."Life's a Beach"
Stamping with the Dragon..."On the Beach"

Update:  This card has placed in the following challenges...

 

 Awards


                                                                 


24 comments

Nancy said...

Another beautiful card, Tracey! Your colouring looks wonderful! So...are you now hooked on digis like the rest of us? lol Have a great day! :o)

Roxann said...

What a stunning card you have made! Love it and I am so glad you shared at TTCRD! I have used this same image on a scrap page with my grandson at the beach. Following you now.
Roxann

Dewi Lestari said...

Fabulous card.. Love your coloring! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Life's a Beach
Hugs
Dewi

Unknown said...

Perfectly endearing image and your coloring is amazing. The sentiment kind of caught me off guard, it is PERFECT advice.
We appreciate your participation in our weekly AG challenge. Thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us at WAW.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SUCH a darling card. You've used a darling image and colored it beautifully. It's such an adorable card, and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to also share this card at V's Sweet Ideas in our Summer Theme Challenge. We would LOVE to have you share there as well. Your card is just precious, and I'd love for everybody to be able to see it.
Blessings to you,
Karen
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Hi Nancy...I have to admit that the digis are growing on me!I love that they are stored on the computer and not laying around in the craft room! LOL

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Awe thanks Karen for your kind words! I did link up with V's Sweet Ideas! Thanks for mentioning it!

Margaret said...

Fantastic card. Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, Dt

Unknown said...

Hello Tracey, I am so happy to see your card! Fabulous summer color combo and you have found a perfect image for this creation. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Netty said...

Loving your terrific beach card, fab scene, Annette x

Jules said...

A gorgeous card and I love the way you've used a textured background for the image it's very effective. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Tracey what a lovely card well done , love the sentiment too.
Thank you for joining us at our anything goes
Through The Craftroom Door Challenge this week and GOOD LUCK !
Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Love the colour theme of this card and such a fabulous job with the actual water colouring! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

TRACEY MO said...

What a sweet card,great image to love the colours you have used.

Thanks for joining us at stamping dragon
Tracey dt

OttawaMom said...

What a fabulous summer card you have created. Love that water coloured image! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely awesome Tracey!! I can see why you fell in love with this stamp immediately.

Hugs karin xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so much for joining in this months challenge 'Holiday/Vacation' over on SeemaCrafts Challenge Blog.

What a lovely card. I love the image on the water colour card and the backing paper is brilliant with that contrasting bunting paper. Lovely summery card.

I hope you will join us again for more of our future monthly challenges, we always have great prizes up for grabs.

Hugs Lisa xxxxx DT Member

Kathya said...

What a precious summer card you have created! I think you did a nice job with the water coloring. Glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps.

Pillan said...

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

jjcreations said...

Fabulous card - your papers are awesome and I love the watercoloured image. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful summer card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

Jackie said...

Fabby card, love the little bunting :) Thank you so much for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this time, good luck. hugs Jackie. x

Sally Dube said...

Super sweet card!! Love that image, so sweet!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!!
Sally TT-DT

Unknown said...

Oh this is such a cute card. love it!! Thanks for playing at A heck of a challenge this month!! xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!