Shades of the Sunset

It would seem that I've had a bit of time on my hands today...the kiddos are out with their dad picking up a boat he just purchased!  They are all super excited and I am glad that they can be out on this adventure together.  This gives me some time at home to create by myself...I was planning on cleaning my craft room, but alas I've been creating instead!

I came across a challenge today with Twist of Faith Card Challenges that really intrigued me...to use the colors of the Sunset!  I have never played along with them before, but absolutely love the positive tone of the blog! (I've enjoyed this challenge so much that I've entered twice!  LOL)  I enjoy making scriptural cards and cards of encouragement however, don't take the time to do it often enough!

Here's a peek at what I came up with...


Here's a closer peek...


...and a bit closer peek yet so you can catch some of the details!


For this card I used peach colored paper from "The Secret Garden" Collection.  The photo die cuts are from the Heartwarming Vintage collection.  All of the paper has been distressed with ink to give it a vintage feel.  The sentiment is from a Stamp 'n Up collection! The crown on the little birds head has been covered with Glitter Ritz. It's a simple card that can be used for really any occasion...birthday, thinking of you, or just a quick note of encouragement!

I suppose I better leave the computer now and head back into the craft room...to clean this time...not to create!  When you can no longer find the table, I guess it's time to start putting things back into place!  (I can't possibly be the only crafter with that problem...can I?)  I'll use my willpower and instead think about what the sunset will look like from that boat that's coming home!  Thanks for joining me today!  Come again soon!  (And if you're a messy crafter, feel free to leave me a comment about it...I just don't want to be alone in that category!  LOL)

Challenges Entered...

Twist of Faith Card Challenges..."Sunset Colors"
The Craft Garden..."Bird"
Robyn's Fetish..."Things with Wings"
Allsorts..."Fur or Feathers"
Totally Paper Crafts Challenge..."All of a Flutter"

6 comments

Nancy said...

Hi Tracey!
Lucky you! Cleaning my craft room is one of my favorite things to do! lol Have fun with that! :o)
Your card is beautiful! It's great to see you link up at Twist of Faith! I play with them whenever I can! :o)

Pauline said...

Hi Tracey... this is a beautiful creation.... I love the vintage elements... so delicate! Thanks for joining our Sunset Challenge... I'm glad that you've found us at Twist of Faith, and I hope that you share with us often!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Zella said...

Tracy, another beautiful card! I love your vintage style - it's so pretty! Thanks for adding another card at Twist of Faith...hope to see you week after week!

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Tracey. Great colours and a lovely vintage image.
Thanks for playing along with us at TPC. Pat K x

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Hi Tracy, Thank You for blessing us at Twist of Faith with another beautiful card. It put a big smile on my face seeing your beautiful creations and special vintage touches of love you put into your creativity.
Hugs and Blessings
Antoinette

Sarah said...

This is such a pretty card Tracey, I love the colours and beautiful image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week for our Fur & Feathers challenge x

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!