Have Some "Pun Fun" with Crafty Creations Challenges

Happy Wednesday!  

Today I'd like to invite you to play along with us at Crafty Creations Challenges!  Our theme for this week is "Pun Fun"!  Our sponsor for this challenge is our very own Jaime with Close to My Heart. Check out her blog here and do some shopping in her Close to My Heart store!

Jaime was kind enough to provide the DT with some images and the image I chose to use comes from the Close to My Heart "Pun Fun" collection.  I went with a belated birthday theme as once in awhile I do forget to send a card on time and thought this would make a great addition to my "emergency" stash!  LOL
And what says oops I'm a little late, but didn't forget better than a turtle...



Now I still wanted to keep the card celebratory and chose to use some very bright and fun card stock from the Doodlebug Design Collection called "Flower Box". (With the exception of the striped background paper which was just from my unknown stash.)  I inked the edges of all the card stock with a pine cone colored ink. The shaped card as well as all of the matting were cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  The turtle and sentiment are from Close to My Heart and as I said earlier are from the "Pun Fun" collection and the image has been water colored with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers. The little turtle has been mounted on pop up dots so he stands out among the busyness of the colors on the card. The layered banner has been cut with the BigShot and the Spellbinders die set entitled "Bunting and Button". 
I also used the Stamp 'n Up embossing folder "Perfect Polka Dots" in this creation and some flower buttons from a Stamp 'n Up collection as well. 

Hopefully when I need to use this card, the recipient will be drawn to the bright and cheery colors and not focus on the lateness on my part!

I hope I've inspired you to create your own card using a pun as your main focus to work around...there are many cute and exciting ones out there.  Please be sure to link up at Crafty Creations Challenges to show us what you've designed...and don't forget to check out the other "punny" cards the other DT members have created for your inspiration...Sorry, pun intended! 


1 comment

Mary said...

What a fun card. Totally love the shape and colors.

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!