Lots of Layers...



Welcome back!
The weather has certainly cooled off and we are needing to start layering our clothes as you never know when the weather will be cool, or when the sun will come out and heat things up here in Manitoba, Canada.  

It just so happens that our new challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long has ideas about layering this week as well.  

This week we want to see...

"Lots of Layers"

on your card creation.  

We do not have a sponsor this week, however we are offering a prize of papers and ribbons.
Please see the CSAYL blog for more details!

I rummaged around in my stash of pretty papers and decided to go with a color scheme that is not traditionally Christmas colors.  I decided to go teal because I had so many pretty teal papers that would work well together for a vintage style card.  Of course I inked everything brown...edges and for some of the elements even the entire paper.  

Here's how it turned out...


I decided to use reddish colored poinsettia die cuts & a pine die cut to tie in with the small piece of pine and poinsettia you see under the main sentiment panel on the bottom corner.  I added a hint of gold glitter to the center of the flowers to give the card just a bit of holiday shimmer.  

Here's a closer look at the floral grouping...

 
I also added some Kaisercraft premade ornamental die cuts to the top and bottom of the card to give it an extra touch of elegance.  

Well, that's all for me today.  
I hope you've been inspired and feel led to participate with us at CSAYL.
We'd love to have you join us!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!