Pick up Your Pencil...

The kids have done a bit of pencil pushing already in their first few days of school.  I'm happy to report that they have been enjoying themselves and their new teachers.  
Now that they are back into routine, it's time for me to jump back into routine as well...which means I have stepped back into my design team position with Pile it On once again!
And our theme for this weeks challenge couldn't be more fitting for the kiddos going back to hitting the books.

This week we are challenging you to...

"Use a Pencil"

The possibilities are endless...color with pencils, incorporate a pencil die cut into your creation, feel free to even sketch with a pencil.  

We are welcoming back one of our wonderful sponsors...

 

...who are offering one lucky winner a prize of 2 digis.

I decided to go a different direction than a card for this challenge.  I fell in love with a pencil shaped box I found in the Silhouette online store and knew I wanted to work with it. I got the Cameo humming and began assembling the box.  I decided I would use the sponsor image to create a tag to attach to the gift box.  I used pencil crayons to color it...trying to stay true to our challenge theme.

Are you ready to see how it turned out?


and here's another view from a different angle...

 
...and a view of how the eraser slips off the box for you to add your special gift...


...and lastly a close up view of the tag and sponsor digi I used...


I know my daughter's teacher mentioned to them that she loves diet Coke, and I'm hoping one will slip into here perfectly.  I think it would be adorable presented in this pencil box.  I'm actually thinking I may make some of these to put on my craft table when I'm at my show in November.  I think these would make awesome teacher gifts...throw in a few erasers, pens, pencils, small sticky notes and some chocolate and you're done!

The rest is up to you my friend.  I hope after seeing this those crafty gears are churning and you're ready to do some creating.  Be sure to check out the Pile It On blog for more inspirational ideas from my fellow design team members!  You have one week to play along!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...


12 comments

lovecraftingpaper said...

Wow, Tracey, I saw your pencil-box on Pile it on Challenges and I really love it! I like 3D projects and yours is something I have never seen before!
Weel done!

Mariangela

Unknown said...

This pencil box is adorable. I bet the teacher is going to love it!! Thanks or playing along wtih us at Craftin Desert Divas.

Eli said...

Well done, Tracey! This pencil-box is really very nice. Thanks for sharing it at SOUS.
Eli

Cazro said...

Such a clever project. Wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Forum. Caz

Katy said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Can't believe a coke would fit in it but what a CUTE and unexpected package for a soda! Thanks so much for sharing with SOUS Die-Cut Challenge, Class is In!

Krafty Kows said...

Wow super project. Thank for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

Joanne said...

I love the project you created! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week :)
Joanne xo

DIANA L. said...

Super project I just love this pencil!! and I really like that you can put things in it!!
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Helen said...

Love it - what a clever idea and so well put together.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet 7 Digital Designs.

Helen x

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Bet the teacher would love a little gift packaged in one of these. We have a new challenge starting today at Sparkles if you'd like to join in, sorry I'm running a bit late but thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles last month!

Hugs
Brenda B
Sparkles DT

Anjie said...


Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Tag, You’re It challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

Tracey said...

What a fabulous gift box....such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing it with us at SOUS!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!