Accept this Challenge...

...if you dare!

Welcome!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!

Let's do something different in this post today...just because I feel like doing something a little different and this new challenge over at Pile it On has me chuckling and maybe even hanging my head in shame a little.  

Let's start by looking at the card I created, and then I'll give you all the deets...

Here's the unveiling...


Any guesses as to what our theme for the new challenge this week is?

Ready...

 It's "Pretty Hair"!

Now you must get why I'm chuckling and hanging my head in shame ever so slightly!  I am still trying to perfect coloring with my Spectrum Noir markers and hair will definitely be on my list for awhile until it is perfected!

But, I do have to say it was fun to make this card because the little girl digi was so darn cute!  Her name is "Popcorn Ellie" who is one of the cute images we could choose to play with from our current sponsor....

 

I decided to keep this card more on the CAS side this time.  I found some awesome paper in the Silhouette Online store that I knew would suit this image perfectly!  (And they were having a half price sale so I was excited and bought a few more things!)  I printed out the digi and the sentiment through the Cameo so I could have them both sized together properly and just on one flat white sheet of cardstock.  The sentiment was a freebie from TLC Creations awhile back on "Popcorn Day".  I did not know it even gave such a day!  LOL  I then colored up Ellie, worked with some matting and lastly added a bright red ribbon.  Now I also added some red stickles to her bow in her hair...because you know she is supposed to have pretty hair...and I think I may not have done justice to her hair coloring!  For the finishing touch, I printed and cut some popcorn from a print file I purchased from the Silhouette Online store.  I thought it added a touch of funkiness to the card!

I suppose it's only fair that I give you a close up of this "Pretty Hair" attempt...


...see there really is some shading with different colors going on!  LOL

Well, what can I say other than now it's your turn to accept this challenge if you dare!  I know there are so many of you who color hair so beautifully!  C'mon show me how it's done!  Don't forget to link up with us at Pile it On and accept our other challenge which is to enter as many other challenges as you can!  I can hardly wait to browse through all the entries...and maybe pick up a tip or two!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Challenges 4 Everybody..."Anything Goes"
The ABC Challenge..."H is for Hair"
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog..."Use Stamp or Digi"
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenges..."March Challenge"
Digi Galore..."Anything Goes"
Doodle Pantry..."Any Digi Goes"
DL Art Thankful Thursday..."5 Word Sentiment"
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Melonheadz Friends..."Girly" 
Craft-Dee Bowz..."Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow"
 Created with Love..."Girly"
Fitztown Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Crafty Ribbons Challenge..."Anything Goes with Ribbon"
Brown Sugar Challenge..."Anything Goes"
Crafts 4 Eternity..."Anything Goes"
Cut it Up..."Anything Goes"
Stampin' for the Weekend..."Anything Goes"
Hobby Cutz Challenges..."Girly but no Pink" 
One Stitch At a Time..."For a Woman in you Life"







Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!