Aster Gate Fold Sympathy Card...

Hello and Welcome!
I'm so happy to be able to spend a few minutes with you today!
It's another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!
Today I'm sharing one last Wild Aster Project, but have paired it up with the Booklet Frames and Accents Dies!

For today's share, I opted to do a gate fold card.
I just think that this style of fancy fold card always looks so elegant and would be perfect for a Sympathy Card featuring the Wild Aster Collection!

...here's how my project turned out...

To create my card base, I cut a 12"x12" piece of white card stock in half. I set one half aside to use as a card base for another project, and then proceeded to create my gate fold. I scored my 12"x6" card base at the 3" mark, and again at the 9" mark. It was then easy to fold over toward the center of the card.

I then used the smallest swirl decorative edge die in the Swirly Accent Spray Die to die cut the decorative edges to my gate fold. Using the same decorative die, I die cut two matting background pieces from a lilac designer paper within the Wild Aster Collection, and also two decorative pieces from white card stock. I adhered the matting and the decorative die cuts together using Designer Dries Clear Glue and then added pop dots to the back. It was then ready to adhere to folds on the card base and the elegant edges matched up beautifully!

I then got to creating my Aster floral cluster! I have just so fallen in love with the Asters! They are so easy to shape, and the gorgeous floral fillers that come in the collection make it so very quick and easy to build a beautiful spray! I opted to die cut two of the swirls from a dark purple decorative paper using the Swirly Border Acents Dies and added them to the top and bottom of the cluster. I finished it off with some pretty Rock Candy Stamens - the silver color- just so they would blend in nicely and give the arrangement some interest! Of course all of the the asters, leaves and baby's breath have been brushed with Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and then covered in Crystal Clear Glitter for a fabulous sparkle and shine!

...and here's a close up of hose gorgeous aster flowers...


Next... the inside view! Since the inside stays a true 6"x6", one of the premade card panels from the Wild Aster Collection is the perfect finishing mat. I fussy cut one of the border strips and then added it to the top and the bottom of the card panel.

...the inside view...


After I had that added to the inside of the card base, I went ahead and cut the smallest Booklet Frames Die from white card stock, as well as the smallest Booklet Basics Die from a patterned paper also from the Wild Aster Collection. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Cheerful Note Sentiments Cling Stamp Set onto the patterned booklet, scored both and then adhered them to the center of the card!

I do hope you've enjoyed today's share!
Be sure to hop on over to the Heartfelt Creations blog to take in the rest of the amazing projects the designers have created for your inspiration!

Until next time...
Project Supplies
HCD1-7263 Swirly Accent Spray Die
HCD1-7262 Swirly Border Accents Die
HCD2-7261 Booklet Frames Die
HCD1-7260 Booklet Basics Die
HCD1-7257 Wild Aster Die
HCD1-7258 Wild Aster Spray Die
HCPC-3887 Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set
HCPC-3888 Wild Aster Spray Cling Stamp Set
HCDP1-2106 Wild Aster Paper Collection

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!