Introducing the New Booklet Dies from Heartfelt Creations...

Hello and Welcome!
I'm so excited we get to visit together today!

It's another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday, but...today is a super special release!
There have been a new assortment of specialty dies released today!
Did you have a chance to take in the sneak peek?
If you have, I'm sure you've fallen in love with the Booklet Dies!

When I first saw the Booklet Dies, the first thing I thought was that they would make beautiful Sympathy Cards...both as a die cut shaped booklet card, but also used on a 5"x7" card base.
For this first project, I decided to go with the latter!

...here's a peek at how this project turned out...


I felt the Wild Aster Collection would be a most beautiful floral to cluster for a sympathy arrangement. I began by die cutting the largest Booklet Frame from white card stock, followed by a die cut of the largest Booklet Basics using a dark purple patterned paper within the Wild Aster Collection. I then die cut the next size down in the Booklet Basics from a little purple patterned paper. I inked all of the edges in Ranger Archival Ink - Deep Purple. I scored both booklet pieces down the center. I added the deep purple booklet die cut to the white decorative booklet die cut, first gluing down the center fold, and then along the outer edges so the booklet piece has some flow to it on the top and the bottom, but the sides remain stationary. I've than adhered the next booklet die cut to the larger, but just in the center. I've die cut the book marker from the coordinating dark purple patterned paper and then adhered that to the booklet card as well.

For my next step I die cut two of the smaller decorative die cuts from the Swirly Accent Spray Die. I adhered a die cut to the top of the book, as well as one to the bottom.

Next, I moved onto creating my Wild Aster cluster!
I stamped the largest image from the Wild Aster Spray Cling Stamp Set onto Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Ranger Archival Ink - Majestic Violet. I colored it using my Stack and Store Daubers using Ranger Archival Ink - Cactus Flower And Leaf Green. I shaped it slightly using my Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.

Next, I stamped several of the baby's breath style illustration from the same cling stamp set! I chose to stamp it using Ranger Archival Ink - Cactus Flower and opted to not color the image at all, but rather leave it as is to add a softer appearance. Again, I die cut with the coordinating die and shaped slightly using my Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. 


Since I had several different sizes of Aster petals left from a previous project, I opted to mix and match a variety of sizes and then got busy building my floral cluster. I added in leaves as needed and the baby's breath to add in a light and airy appearance. I went with prills for my flower centers and of course sprinkled them with Crystal Clear Glitter for a beautiful sparkle and shine!

For my sentiment I used one of the smaller versions of the arrows from the Arrows and Banner Die. I die cut the arrow from a decorative paper within the Wild Aster Paper Collection, and then snipped off the pointed portion of the die cut, stamped the sentiment from the Cheerful Note Sentiments Cling Stamp Set using Ranger Archival Ink - Deep Purple, and lastly inked the edges in the same color!

For an extra pop of color, I opted to use some of the dark pink flower stamens from the Bright Bead Stamens - Medium as accent pieces in my floral cluster! They are an excellent way of adding some interest, texture and draw the eye to all areas of the card!

I do hope you've enjoyed today's share!
I can't wait to show you the rest of the projects I've created with these fabulous dies!
Be sure to watch for a Facebook LIVE announcement from me towards the end of the week!
And, be sure to pop on over to the Heartfelt Creations blog to take in the rest of the gorgeous design team projects...you will leave inspired! I promise!

Until next time...

1 comment

Diane Noble said...

I am blown away by your creativity! Your cards are gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!