Sweet 16...

Hello and Happy Wednesday!
I have a quick share today featuring the Sugarspun Collection from Heartfelt Creations!
Our daughter is turning 16 next month, and I thought it would be fun to create some Sweet 16 themed items...

The first items I came up with were adorable cupcake picks!
After all, all cupcakes need cupcake picks......these would be so adorable for a first or second birthday as well...actually any age would probably find these fun!

...here's a peek at how those turned out...


I created some rosettes from the patterned paper in the Sugarspun Paper Collection, and once I had them assembled, I used the doily like die cut from the Butterfly Dreams Collection as the backing. (The rosettes were created with a 1" x 12" piece of patterned paper. YouTube has some wonderful tutorials on creating rosettes if you're not familiar with creating them...you simply scor every 1/4 inch and then fan fold your strip of paper...then glue the two ends together and adhere a small circle die cut to both front and back of the rosette using a hot glue gun.) I thought the doily look gave the rosettes a pretty, whimsical look with just the right hint of daintiness. I've glittered just the edges of the doily die cut to add some shimmer and shine to the picks.

I then chose one of the circle dies that was the right size to showcase the cupcake embellishments from the Eyelet Circle & Basics Small Die. I die cut the circles in complimenting patterns and colors  and then adhered them to the rosette.

I opted to stamp up and color the smallest cupcake in the Sprinkled Confetti Cupcakes Cling Stamp Set. They have been stamped onto white card stock using Ranger Archival Ink - Coffee. I felt the brown color would be less harsh than using a black ink. I then colored them with a combination of Ranger Archival Inks - Buttercup, Forget-Me-Not and Pink Peony.

Then it was time to die cut those sweet treats! This small cupcake can be die cut into two pieces...I love that you can make the frosted portion dimensional...which of course I opted to do using pop dots!

Using some scraps of paper I die cut the numbers so that I could add the 16 to each cupcake pick, and then adhered them to the cupcakes.

Then it was time to add the cupcakes to the rosettes! I used pop dots so that the rosettes would have even more dimension!

Lastly, using a hot glue gun, I adhered the toothpics to each of the cupcake picks.
I then put the finishing touches on with a hint of glitter and some colorful prills called Spilled Prills!
I thought they were the perfect mix of colors to represent sprinkles! Of course, all of these little details were added easily with a fine metal tip and the Designer Dries Clear Adhesive.

I do hope you've enjoyed today's share!
I'll pop the supply list down below for you...I won't worry about instructions today as I've pretty much walked you through the entire process here already...but feel free to contact me should you have any questions!

Until next time...
Supply List

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!