Garden Daydreaming...

Hello and Welcome once again!
It's another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday...and once again I was late to the party and didn't get my project added to the HC blog in time!  LOL
Hopefully you all find me here on my little blog and get to take a peek at my creation anyway!

As you will recall, we've been creating and sharing projects with the Backyard Blossoms Collection this month! While I was creating this card yesterday, the sun was shining...but the wind was blowing out of control and there was nothing but dust hanging in the air as it has been so dry here this spring.  Actually, pretty much all of our province is under a complete fire ban...it's that dry...and of course there are already wildfires going that need to be controlled!  

Well, I got to thinking about backyard blossoms and pretty flower beds and decided I would create a fun summer scene to forget about the one that is taking place outside my door.  

Here's what I came up with...


I stamped, die cut and shaped my paper flower garden and then decided I needed to have a little daydreamer enjoying the view! The little fairy from the Wildwood Cottage Collection was perfect!


She's so cute nestled there in those flowers! I love creating fairy gardens at our campsite and in my flower bed, and this just reminded me of those special little finds as you gaze among the flowers!
Her wings have been accented with the Nuvo Sparkle Pen...it really does shimmer, however on the photo it doesn't do it justice as the sparkle kinda presents as gold when it's more of a clear glitter.
I've added a bunch of glitter to give this card an extra magical feel!

The little flower garden has been created with the accent flowers found within the Backyard Blossoms Collection.  I've mixed and matched sizes and colors to give it some interest.  I've also matted a premade card panel in the window of the frame for the card.  All of the stamped and die cut pieces have been colored using my Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils and Gamasol Solution.  I love how quick and easy it is to color and then blend with these pencils. 


The sentiment I've used has come from the Heartfelt Love Collection...perfect for an any occasion card!  I love how those larger coneflowers bent over to frame out the sentiment! I've added some white Nuvo Drops around the sentiment and up into the empty corner of the card to give is kind a daydreaming feel....like the fairy's thoughts are just floating.  

Here's a closer peek at the large coneflower die cut that frames out the sentiment...


Well, that's my share today! 
I hope you've enjoyed the little garden tour of my card and my whimsical little daydreamer!
It's not my usual style to create a scene, but I'm not disappointed in how it turned out...it's just a little more busy than usual!

Be sure to pop on over to the Heartfelt Creations blog to take in the creativity from the rest of the design team members!  Be sure to leave them some love on their blogs and on FaceBook to let them know they've inspired you!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!