A Monochromatic Theme

Happy Tuesday! Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, put your feet up and get comfortable...I know I'm glad you could stop by for a chat today!

Let me begin by sharing our current challenge over at Twist of Faith this week...it's the use of shades of one color or "Monochromatic"!  Our generous sponsor this week is...


...and they will be awarding one lucky random winner an image bundle of their choice!

I had the pleasure of working with the cute image entitled "Cocoa" and wanted it to be the focal point of a clean and simple card.  I opted to go with a smaller note sized card so the image was sized according to those dimensions so it would take center stage. Let's see how it turned out...


 I stamped the sentiment straight onto the pre-colored digi.  The sentiment came from one of my Stamp 'n Up collections.  I knew I had a stash of brown patterned paper that I had purchased from Stamp 'n Up that would be perfect for this creation.  After a few minutes of searching I managed to find it at the bottom of a pile.  It's been with me for awhile...the date on it was 2006!  LOL  
The pattern on the paper was originally a crisp white, however I muddied it up with brown ink so that it was a light brown as brown was the monochromatic color I chose to work with.  I also chose a brown taffeta ribbon from Stamp 'n Up which I ran around the card before adhering the face to the base, and then tied it in a clean bow.  I then put the image onto the card with 3D pop up dots, and lastly added diamond Stickles to the heart on the cocoa mug.  This was a quick and easy project that I think would be adorable to enclose a Tim Hortons gift card in to present to someone as a token of appreciation!

Working on this project got me thinking about what a world with hues of only one color would be like.  I can't imagine if everything was shades of browns, or blues, or yellows only.  I'm glad our Lord chose to paint our world in color!  We take for granted how color inspires us, lifts our spirits and brings us joy!

So now it's your turn! Pop on over to the Twist of Faith blog and check out the other projects the DT have created to inspire you...then get busy with a creation of your own.  Remember its hues of one color this go round, and our twist as always is a positive, encouraging sentiment or scripture.

13 comments

Hazel said...

Mmm that drink looks inviting - yummy card. Thank you for sharing this for The Cheerful Stamp Pad 'be inspired' picture challenge, Hazel, Cheerful stamp pad DT. x

Yvonne Garner said...

A sweet card, indeed! Thanks for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful card and thank you for joining us at Nutcrafters for the recent challenge and good luck :)
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Jackie said...

What a sweet and fun card! Thank you for joining us this week at the Digital Delights Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon!

Jackie, Digital Delights Challenge DT

craftygranny said...

This is fabulous , thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle . hugs trisha xx

Pamela said...

Great card thanks for sharing with glitter n sparkle x

Heidi said...

What a great card - and after the cool day we had in the midwest - this hot chocolate looks great! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Nest Doll challenge! - Heidi PND DT

Heidi said...

This is a great card - with the cool weather we had in the midwest today this hot chocolate looks yummy! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Nest Doll challenge! - Heidi PND DT

Karen (karey2005) said...

Love this! Perfect background paper for that stamp! Thank you for joining the All That Stickles Appreciation linky party! ~Karen N, ATS-DT

Vicki Romaine said...

I love monochromatic cards. This is great for my challenge picture. Thanks for joining at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute image, and the sketch is great, thanks for playing along with us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad. for the inspiration challenge.

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Hi Tracey, I love your Chocolate card. It is setup eloquent with the swirls in the design paper...lovely. Now I want a cup of Hot chocolate with lots of whipping cream. Yummm
Hugs,
Antoinette

Sarah said...

Great card! Love the background paper and how you fixed it to go with your color theme! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!