A "Charming" Creation

Hello again! 
 For today's visit I have for you a "charming" Christmas Creation.  You see that's our current challenge over at Crafty Creations Challenges...to use a charm on your project!  Now I must confess that I never have used a charm on my card...and I'm not sure why, but it's just never been my thing.  Well this challenge really put me to the test!  LOL

My mom cleaned out her crafting supplies awhile back, and they all made their way over to my place...yay!  And I was lucky enough to inherit some charms.  I chose to go with one of the gold tone hearts that was tucked away in one of the containers.

Now I've been on a run of Christmas cards lately as I'm trying to get my stock pile for the upcoming craft sale in November a little larger.  I came across these awesome winter bird images on Etsy created by 
EphemerasGarden.
I am a bird lover so to me this was a must have in my sale collection.  (I hope I'll have some customers who feel this collection needs to be a must have in their hands...LOL)
Take a peek...


I set to work, and found that I didn't want to add too much to the card as the stunning images should be the feature.  So I used some random papers I had kicking around in my stash...and of course inked them with brown ink to give them a vintage feel.  I also inked the image itself around the edges.  Before applying the image to the card base, I decided to wrap some gold ribbon around the card and tie it into a large bow so it would peek out from behind the flowers I was going to apply.  On the final knot I added the charm and tied it onto the bow.  I then embellished with some ribbon flowers from Stamp 'n Up as well as a cream colored flower I purchased from the dollar bin at Michaels.  I then topped of the cream flower with a brownish tinted mulberry paper flower.  Lastly, I added some Glitter Ritz around the birdies on the ground to give the snow a sparkling effect. 

I was very happy with the end result.  Nothing too fancy, but a beautiful alternative to the regular Christmas card.  I know I would love receiving it...and I hope you would too!

So, come play along with us at Crafty Creations for this charming challenge!  We would so love to see what you create...and don't forget to link up for that awesome prize!  Our generous sponsor this week is...


...check out all the details on the Crafty Creations Challenges blog!
And, if you're needing more inspiration, take time to browse the other DT's creations as well!  Their creations are absolutely "charming"!!!

Until next time...

16 comments

Nancy said...

Really beautiful card, Tracey! I'm so happy to see you've discovered Debbie's fabulous artwork! I love her stuff! :o)

Sylvia Anderson said...

Such a pretty card.
Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

Peanut said...

What a lovely creation, Tracey. A different but very elegant Christmas card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Marina said...

Beautiful birds and a great flower embellishment. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
Marina

NanaConnie said...

What a stunning card, Tracy! Gorgeous birds and flower. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week and good luck.
NanaConnie DT

lauren bergold said...

what a lovely holiday card, and that charm really IS the perfect finishing touch. so pleased you could join our vintage fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

SmilynStef said...

love those sweet little holiday birdies ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

paper fun said...

Lovely card. The birds are so sweet and the flower is gorgeous.

Thanks for joining our Christmas Challenge at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Angelique said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Unknown said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs and good luck
Susan xx

crafty-stamper said...

I love the bird images and B.papers and beautiful flower-thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

oops senior moment there should have said -thanks for joining us at Lej Designs
Carol DT x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

WOW this is such a gorgeous vintage looking card. The image with those beautiful birds is lovely and works so well with the papers and stunning flower. So different and classy.

Thank you so so much for taking the time to join in with the LEJ Designs Challenge No. 71 - Winter Wishes.

I hope you will pop over to join in more of our weekly challenges. There are always great LEJ images to win as well as small prizes from our wonderful sponsors.

<3 and hugs
Lisa xxxxx LEJ Design Team Organiser

P.S. I have some blog candy over on my personal blog if you would like to join in

Wiola said...

It's indeed charming! It's so beautiful. This is a piece of art. I'm glad you joined us last week at {PIN}spirational challenges. A new challenge starts tomorrow (Tuesday) and I would be thrilled to see you join us for that one as well!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is very pretty - nice touch with the cording!

Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge this week!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a fabulous card. Love your design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Creative Card Crew!
Denise
CCC-DT

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!