Thunderstorms & Little Robin Redbreast...

The sun came up this morning, and has now decided to hide behind the clouds that are rolling in here today.  They are calling for the first thunderstorm for this spring season...and secretly I hope it shows up.  I absolutely love the first thunderstorm of the season.  The ground gets shook up, the dirt that the running/melting water has deposited on the ground is washed away, and things start to green up!  The other thing I love about thunderstorms, is when it has passed and the sun peeks out from behind those clouds and all the birds start to sing!  It's nature praising God at it's finest! 

Now, I have a sentimental attachment to song birds....they totally remind me of my Grandma Penner!  She was a bird enthusiast!  My absolute favorite birds are the Hummingbirds and the Goldfinches...but I have a fondness for Robins that all started with my Grandma Penner.  You see, when my brother and I were young, we had an April Fools trick that we always played on Grandma (year after year).  Whoever got to the phone first would call her and tell that we'd just seen the first robin!  And we'd all giggle and giggle because she knew it wasn't true!  But that never stopped Grandma from playing along, the good sport that she always was!

When I came across some beautiful vintage bird diecuts, I knew that I had to buy them because they so reminded me of Grandma.  And I immediately knew which one I had to turn into a card first...because it reminded me of those little robin redbreasts that we always used to look for.  Take a peek...




Now I wish you could really see this card in person, because the colors are definitely more cheery and vibrant than they show up in the photo.  The background papers & circle frame are from Graphic 45's "The Secret Garden" collection and have been inked around the edges to add that aged feeling. The vintage bird diecut which I have distressed with the Tim Holtz distressing tool is from a collection of Heartwarming Vintage Creative Scraps made by Crafty Secrets. The paper flowers are a purchase I made years ago at Costco in a bulk scrapbooking kit package...unfortunately I don't know who made them.  The ribbon & button are both from Stamp'n Up and are old olive in color.  And lastly, the circle frame around the bird has been cut with the Spellbinders Nestabilities Die called "Lacey Circles" using my BigShot.

I do believe Grandma would have loved this card...and I enjoyed making it because it made me think of her.  As my blog title says..."Today's Beautiful Moments, Tomorrow's Beautiful Memories".  And, I so love having those beautiful memories to inspire me to create and to think of days gone by!  Thanks for sharing this trip down memory lane with me today!

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!