A New Adventure Begins!

And so a new adventure begins....as I sit here typing this I cannot believe that I'm going to to give blogging a try.  This type of thing is so out of my comfort zone...but sometimes it's good to put ourselves into a new situation! Right?!?!?

First of all, I am not a very techie person, and computer knowledge is definitely not my strongest gift.  And second of all....my crafty talents are far exceeded by others out there!  That being said I love cardmaking and at times can be found working on the occasional scrapbook page!

Last weekend I attended a local crop and decided to spend the weekend relieving stress by making cards.  The first card I knew I needed to complete was for my hairdresser.  At the end of March she had a baby girl...her first, and what better way to say congratulations than with a handmade card tucked into the gift!


Now I absolutely love vintage themed cards and decided to run with it when I found some awesome "Bundle of Joy" diecuts made by Kaisercraft.  After all, who doesn't love old style carriages, cherubs, etc.?   So I set to work with several of the diecuts included in the package, some washi tape (unknown source...sorry), some vintage style paper made by Graphic 45 and some odds n ends buttons.  I also broke out the Distress Stickles (Scattered Straw) by Ranger just to give the card a hint of shimmer.  Stamp'n Up ink in Close to Cocoa was what I used to distress & darken the edges of the card to make it appear more aged. And to give it a softer baby like feel, I used a Stamp'n Up Doily Die which I cut in my BigShot! Layer it all together and here's a close up of the final product!


And, so concludes my first blog post!  Not as complicated as I thought it might be!  LOL  Thanks for taking a peek...it's been fun sharing with you!

                                                                                             

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I will be checking out your blog a lot! Christine B.

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks Christine B. I hope I'm up to the challenge!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!