Sweet Tweet Christmas Greetings...

Hi there!

 I'm so glad you're able to join me here in my little corner of blogland today!

I wanted to share another card I designed with the newly released Festive Christmas Collection from Heartfelt Creations! As you may have already noticed if you've taken a peek at the decorative papers from this collection, you'll see that the Ornate Window appears...so I thought it was only fitting for a second card to showcase how well this stamp and coordinating die work with this newest holiday release!


Here's a peek at my creation for this week...



I tried to keep this card a little more simple so that I could showcase the window well and keep it as the main focal point, just slightly accented. I've stamped the window illustration in Memento Peanut Brittle...I've inked two of them, and edged them with the same color as well. The first one I have cut out the outline and the center. The second stamped image I've used only the topper. The window pane portion has been adhered to the card front, while the frame has been added with dimensional foam tape to give the window some dimension and interest. The topper has then been added with foam tape as well. I've also created a blue "window pane" by die cutting an arched portion from a lighter blue decorative paper.


I knew I wanted that little image of the three birdies in a row to accent the bottom of the window sill.  Aren't they just so darling sitting there! They've been stamped with from the Berries and Birdies Cling Stamp Set onto bristol smooth marker paper using Ranger Archival Black Ink, and have then been colored up with my Zig markers!


...here's a closer peek at them...



Of course I couldn't create a holiday card without putting a poinsettia on it! And I love the foliage stamps and dies in this newest collection because they build up a beautiful backdrop for the flowers quickly and easily!


I opted to go with a smaller sized poinsettia which I created from the Christmas Poinsettia & Holly Cling Stamp Set, coordinating dies and shaping mold! I love how that system makes it so quick to create elegant and beautiful smaller poinsettias!


I chose to go very simple with the sentiment as well, just working it into the design of the floral cluster! I like the way it turned out...a little different way to add a sentiment! It was easy to do...I stamped the sentiment in Memento Danube Blue, trimmed down to the size I wanted and then snipped in between the words...a quick edging with Ranger Archival Leaf Green and they were ready to be tucked into the floral cluster!


...here's a closer look...



Aren't those little birdies nestled in among the foliage just so cute! And that one double poinsettia is the perfect pop of color for this card! 


I do hope you've enjoyed today's creative inspiration! Will you be giving this card a try? I'd love to know..and I'd love see the finished result you come up with as well! Don't forget to pop by the Heartfelt Creations blog to take in the other amazing creations the super talented design team have created for your inspiration! It's a great time to get a jump on that holiday card creating....because while we know Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year...it's also the busiest!


PS. If you're interested in the full printable instructions for this card, please see the Heartfelt Creations gallery here!


Until next time...




3 comments

aussie aNNie said...

I am your newest follower Tracey and just adore your design.. I have a few ladies in my facebook group who have posted similar cards.
I have sent you a private message on facebook

jeux a gratter en ligne said...

Thanks for being so open and honest with us in your posts

Ashlee Rolfson said...

Your "Sweet Tweet Christmas Greetings" post is absolutely charming! The handmade cards and the festive spirit you've captured are delightful. It's evident that you put a lot of love and creativity into your craft.
is 100k a year good

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!