Traveling Mercies...

Happy Sunday!
It's a very special Sunday at that...Easter Sunday!!
He Is Risen!!!  He is Risen Indeed!

As you share time with friends and loved ones this Easter weekend, remember to take time to thank our Lord and Saviour for the sacrifice He gave that we could be reconciled to God!
On Good Friday we watched "The Son of God" on Netflix...it's always so powerful to watch the crucifixion story at the movies or on tv as it brings the story to life and we are drawn back to remember how awful it must have been!  And then comes Sunday...He is no longer in the tomb...He has conquered death and now we may have eternal life through Him!  Amen!

Today brings a new challenge at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges!
 Jeanne has a short devotional about traveling mercies up on the blog...and it gets us thinking about where we place our trust!  My husband spends many hours on the road as we own a SnapOn Tools franchise and he's out with the truck all day.  I always ask God to keep him safe, to have His angels surround that truck....just as I do for the bus that takes our children to school and as I cart the kids from activity to activity!  

  Asking and praying though is not a guarantee that something will not happen.  Things do go wrong on the road...my hubby and I learned that very well on the way back from a missions trip so many years ago.  We were in a terrible car crash and were very lucky to have walked away with just minor injuries and our lives.  Trusting in God means that we will trust Him no matter what the situation...believing that His hand is in every situation...trusting that He is in every situation with us even if it turns out differently than we were hoping or expecting.

...this brings us to our new challenge...

For the next two weeks our challenge for you is to include a mode of transportation on your card, scrapbook page or mixed media project!  Easy peasy!  That could be a bike, car, truck, boat, hot air balloon, motorcyle...I could go on and on....but for me and my creation it's a rocket ship!  LOL
I wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary and chose space travel!

Here's a peek at my creation...


I knew in the back of my mind now for weeks that I had been wanting to use this cute stamp and die set for this challenge.  I found the cute background papers in a boys paper pack by DCWV in my stash and paired it up with the stamps and dies.  A quick bit of coloring, some pop dots and some addition of glitter and this card came together super fast...you can see there is nothing complicated about it!  I hope you'll find a little inspiration in it's simplicity!

So the next time you travel, think about the traveling mercies you have been given and often take for granted!  As Jeanne has pointed out in her devotional on the Mustard Seed Faith Challenge blog, our circumstances may not always turn out as we expected and yet we are to pray without ceasing and to be thankful in all situations...that calls us to trust in someone larger than ourselves!
Who are you trusting in the journey of life?

I do hope you have found encouragement here today and I hope that you join us in our travel themed challenge!  I can't wait to see what you create!

I also wanted to let you know that for this challenge we have a wonderful prize up for grabs...


...it's a custom string art piece created in the version of any state of your choice!
Unfortunately due to postage and shipping costs, this prize is only eligible for United States entries.

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!