Mixed Media Canvas

Two posts in one day!  How does that happen!  LOL

Today begins a new challenge over at Unstampbelles Challenge Blog!
Oh I had fun with this one and I hope you will too!

"Mixed Media with the Twist to Alter Something"

How fun!

I had a small canvas kicking around the craft room and decided to go with that.  I completed it in stages and was able to still do a bit of housework in between the various coats of paint, etc. as they were drying!  Multitasking at its finest!

Here's how it came out...


Aren't the colors fabulous!  I find them so happy!
I dabbled in a little paint, a little texture paste, some rub ons and some stickers for the lettering!
I am really learning to enjoy the concept of mixed media and the fact that its not perfection that you're striving for.  It's carefree and lets you be artistic in the ways you want to be.  

The other DT members have come up with some fantastic creations themselves!
Be sure to check them out here!

Of course we have a wonderful sponsor for this month as well...

 
One lucky winner will be taking home this fantastic prize...
 
 

A Marianne Die


Now, remember that our one and only real rule is that you are not allowed to use any stamps in your creation...not rubber, digi or clear!  Believe me...it's really not that hard!  We encourage you to follow our "twist", however it is not mandatory...but it sure makes it more fun!  I had a great time using our twist by altering a canvas in a mixed media style. 
We at Unstampabelles are so excited to see where this challenge takes your creativity!
Remember you have a whole month to enter!

Until next time...

5 comments

Sharla said...

Wow Tracy, this is so fabulous!! I really love everything about it! I've been wanting to get into mixed media lately...I think it would be so fun to get out my paint again! You've done a wonderful job with the colors and design and words! :)

Granmargaret said...

This is lovely work. After seeing your canvas I ordered some from Scrapbook Boutique.l They arrived today so I hope to be able to do one for the 1/2 way posting.

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely work Tracey - it just looks so much fun to have made! I have a bigger canvas somewhere - I might have to have a go as well!

Wynn said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun making this Tracey. It's so bright, busy and colourful. Perfect to cheer everyone up!! Hugs Wynn xx

SarahGeorge said...

Hi Tracey!
So glad to meet you once again, this time via unstampabelles :). Your mixed media brought me here :). It is very beautiful! And I too am doing a lot of other works in between the time for drying :)

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!