Here Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening...depending on where you live!  
I'm so glad you were able to pop by for a visit today!
In our time zone today is Christmas Eve!  The kids are bouncing with energy, my husband is home from work and we are doing our last minute preps for Christmas.  Christmas Eve has to be my favorite night of the year...the excitement in the children's eyes, the anticipation of whats coming tomorrow, the last minute scurrying!  But, the part I wait most for is when we sit down to our own little family supper (each person has contributed to the menu),  we then head out to our church's Christmas Eve Service, and then heading home to the Christmas tree where the kids are allowed to open one special gift.  It's always a pair of new pyjamas to sleep in and a book that teaches about the real meaning of Christmas.  By the time they are grown, they will have quite the collection of books that explain Christ's birth, Christian symbols around Christmas and in general the true meaning of the season.  They always know what to expect...but they are still excited none the less!

I suppose we should move along to the business at hand...LOL.  This week at Twist of Faith we are challenging you to use your favorites....whether that be ribbon, card stock, stamps...the choice is up to you. (Just remember our "twist" is to include an encouraging, healing, uplifting sentiment or scripture!)
 Needless to say, I have so many favorites I had a hard time narrowing it down...and once you see my creation you will see what I mean!

We are excited to welcome back MilkCoffee as our sponsor this week.

 MilkCoffee

  They have graciously agreed to award one lucky random winner 3 digis of their choice!  What a great last minute Christmas goodie you could receive!

Let's take a look at the card I created...


And here's a closer peek at the sweet little lady...


Now I have to admit...I got caught up with using many favorite things!  I love to color, and have been practicing with my new Spectrum Noir markers (shhh...I know I have a way to go yet...but practice will make perfect!  LOL)  I chose a collection of Christmas paper I had been waiting to use and the colors matched perfectly with the colors I had used on the digi.  This came from the same Christmas paper pack I've been trying to make a dent in this year because my kids gave it to me years ago!  And oh how I love using my BigShot...hence the snowflake die cuts everywhere!  And who can resist adding a little washi tape?  Well and I must confess that I absolutely love, love, love using doilies, buttons...and this ribbon I purchased a few months back and had been scared to cut it and use it!  I think it looks great on this card...hope you do too! And lastly, you just can't make a Christmas card without Stickles...can you?  Like lots, and lots of shiny, sparkly Stickles!  Diamond has to be one of my favorites!  Now isn't that just one overdressed last minute Christmas card!  Ha, ha, ha!  But it was so much fun to make because it is full of my favorite things!

I know this week will be a busy one, and I'm not too sure how many of you have the time to play along with us at Twist of Faith between Christmas gatherings, gift returns, etc.  However, I'm hoping that sharing some of my favorite things will inspire you to create with some of yours and then link up and tell us about them.  Hey, maybe after tomorrow you have a new crafty favorite thing to play with that someone special in your life has picked out and given you from your wish list!

I'd like to close today by wishing all of my blog followers a Merry Christmas!  I hope that among your favorite things this season you are counting your many friends, family, your health and all those blessings we take for granted.  May you experience the real meaning of Christmas as you attend church services, watch the excitement in the childrens eye as they perform their concerts and along the way I hope you can take some quiet time to reflect on that "Silent Night" so long ago...and thank God for that sacrificial gift you sent for you and me.

And will you allow me to share one last favorite...it's a song.  It's one of my favorite Christmas songs sung by one of my all time favorite Christian artists...Third Day.  Listen to the words carefully and let them sink into your heart...Jesus came as a baby...as a tiny being we could all relate too...but His purpose here on earth was not completed until His death!  That's a part we seldom think of at Christmas..that the gift began that day, but was not completed until that tiny baby grew up and was crucified on the cross to reconcile all mankind with God.  My prayer is that this song will touch you and help you focus on the gift that was given for you!

            

Until next time...

1 comment

Zella said...

Tracey, I don't know where to begin. The precious tradition of the PJ's and book....spending Christmas Eve with family and including Christmas Eve service...your beautiful card using many of your favorite things (and my dear, you are an artist using those markers!)...and sharing your heart about what Christmas is all about...You are a remarkable person!!! And I'm thankful for you!!! Merry Christmas my friend!!!!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!