Away In A Manger

Hello!  Welcome!
I can't believe that today is the first day of October!  Where is the time going?  I've been busy in my craft room making cards for the quickly approaching craft sale in November...and have been really focusing on Christmas cards lately.  I must confess that I have even stooped to playing Christmas carols to get myself into the Christmasy mood!  LOL

However I find that playing these Christmas carols (while no one else is at home to hear them) has totally tied in with our current challenge over at Twist of Faith!  Our challenge this week is...

"INSPIRED BY A SONG"

and our sponsor for this awesome challenge is the fantastic 

 

who will award our random prize winner with 5 digi images of their choice!  
Now due to time commitments and some communication troubles, I have not been able to play with an Eureka Stamp image this week!  However, I've decided to share with you a card I created for my craft sale.   This card was inspired by one of my favorite Christmas carols..."Away in a Manger".  This was one of the first Christmas carols I learned as a child and has remained one of my favorites ever since.  

Here's a peek...


The image and sentiment have both been purchase from an Etsy store...Masterpiece Designs.  Be sure to check out their awesome downloadable images!  The background paper is from a seasonal paper pack by Tim Holtz.  I've stamped some soft snowflakes on the background and matted the image and sentiment on a shiny copper paper. I've also added Glitter Ritz for some sparkle on the glow behind Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus' heads, but unfortunately it does not show up on the photo.  (I chose to scan this week as I was in a hurry, thus the color is a bit off on the card...the bright copper paper I used for matting appears much too red...Sorry!)

Well, that's it for me this challenge round...just a CAS card this time!  I hope I've still inspired you to make a card that matches the tune running through your head this very moment. Then be sure to link it up with us over at Twist of Faith!  Just remember that our only twist is to make sure it follows our theme and has an uplifting scripture or sentiment!  Easy!

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

Tammy's Scrappin Corner..."Monochromatic"
365 Cards...Keep it Simple (Only three things on card...stamp, photo and paper)
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog..."Photo Inspiration - Nativity"
Word Art Wednesday..."Anything Goes"

7 comments

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card. Lovely!

downrightcrafty said...

how beautiful and just perfect for the current inspirational challenge over at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

karalschuknecht said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week for "Monochrome."
Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Eemeli said...

Such a pretty creation. I love all the shades. Thanks for joining our "Monochromatic" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Barbara said...

Yes, where is the time going? I like the warm colors of your card - maybe because they'd make for a beautiful fall card, too?

Desire Fourie said...

This is a wonderful creation with great details and its perfect for our ‘MONOCHROMATIC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for submitting it to the Monochromatic challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week!
Trudy, Designer

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!