Get Well Wishes

Yesterday was a day of mulling around, browsing the internet for swimming pool parts, new bedroom linens and of course checking in on card challenge blogs and the Silhouette Online Store. Our vehicle was in the shop for the day so going somewhere wasn't an option. So what's a gal to do with some extra time on her hands?  You guessed it...design a card...a Get Well card that I've been wanting to create for my friends mom.

Now you may be wondering why I have so much spare time on my hands to do all of these "unproductive" tasks.  Well, we are renovating our master bedroom.  Our contractor was sick, however the electrician did come and I find it very hard to get a whole bunch of things done with someone running around my house.  I always feel like they must think I'm checking up on them, so I usually try to make myself busy in one room.  Crazy, I know!!!  It's my house after all!  However, I was happy to sit in our office to start putting together this card. 

I'm sure you'll recall the card I made for my friends baptism that I posted last week...if you want to catch up you can see that post here!  Well, both she and her husband were baptized that day...but not without incident.  My friends mom landed up in the emergency room just a few hours before the baptism was to take place with severe back pain.  She did manage to make the church service, however needed to be taken back to the ER just after lunch.  She was admitted at that time.  I know that she is finding the days in the hospital extremely long and thought maybe I could boost her spirits with a bright, cheery card.  So I got the Silhouette humming and did a ton of printing and cutting...

This is the cheery little well wish I came up with...



All of the die cuts used in this card were colored, printed and cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  I find the more I play with this new toy, the more I'm falling in love with it!  The background papers were just scraps laying around the scrap room.  I've raised the sentiment and bird with some pop up dots to give it some dimension and extra added interest.  The flowers have had buttons added to their centres and Stickles to their brightly blooming petals.  The raindrops, puddle, umbrella and cloud have had Glossy Accents applied to them to give them a "wet" appearance.  It's a fairly simple card...but cute I thought non the less!

I'm hoping to find the time to pop by the hospital today to see my friends mom!  Hoping this card will brighten her day and let her know that she is being thought of!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today...hope I could brighten your day with a little inspiration!  Don't forget to leave me a comment to brighten my day as well!  See you again soon!


This card has been submitted to the following challenge blogs:
2 Creative Chicks...Buttons, Bows & Brads
Stuck on U Sketches...Die Cut Birds
Silhouette Challenges...Print & Cut
Cameo Creations Challenges...Summer Theme 
Dutch Dare Card Challenges...Summer's Coming 


Update:  This card placed in the Top 3 at Stuck on U Sketches!

                                                             
                                                        

15 comments

Migdalia said...

Too, Too Cute!!Love it!!
Thank you for playing at Silhouette Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Migdalia said...

Also ..
Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Scrappin Sista said...

Such a cute card!! Thank you for linking up with Silhouette Challenges!! Good luck!
Alice B. DT member

Karon said...

Great card, love the buttons on the flowers:-) Thanks for joining in at 2 Creative Chicks this month. Karon, GDT.

Karen said...

This is so cute! All of the cuts are adorable! Thanks for playing along at Silhouette Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Nana said...

Adorable, love it. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Craft Me This said...

Super cute card. Good job on the print and cut.
Thanks you for joining us at Silhouette Challenges.

Crafting Vicky said...

Love the wonderful scene you have created. Awesome die cuts!

Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

This is adorable. Great job!
Thanks for joining us over at 2 Creative Chicks
Great priced, fun digi paper
Tabitha's Designs
Come join us for a Fathers Day Challenge over at Craft Lovin Challenges!!!!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Thanks for joining us at Silhouette Challenges as well:)

Fern said...

Super sweet Card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!

Tracey said...

Adorable....love your sweet card! So Happy you shared it with us at SOUS!

Shorty Creations said...

Awwww... this card is super cute! Thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creations!

Lots of love,
Ana Maria CCDT

Julie Odil said...

Oh, this is cute! Don't you love that print and cut feature? Thanks for joining us at Cameo Creations Challenges and Silhouette Challenges, Julie, DT member
http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

Monica said...

Super cute card!!! Thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creations Challenge Blog!!

Toodles,
Monica DT

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!