Summer Plans...

Hello!
Happy Sunday!

How has your summer been going...or winter, spring or autumn depending on where you live and are reading this blog post from!
We've been very busy putting in some camping time at our seasonal site, fishing, and doing some work around the yard at home.  The kids have finished swimming lessons, are preparing to go to Bible camp and before I know it the summer will be over and we'll be preparing to get back into routine!

This week at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges we have a new devotional and theme for you this week!
Our theme is "Summer"!
That leaves so much open for interpretation when it comes to creating!
I can't wait to see where your creative side leads you on this challenge!

Our dear Diane has written today's devotional which you can find on the Mustard Seed Faith Challenge blog.  

The verse she chose is...

"Ants are creature of little strength, 
yet they store up their food in the summer."
Proverbs 30:25

Sounds very much to me like how we as people like to do planning in the summer...vacations, sightseeing, lots of traveling, etc.  That got me thinking about another passage as I reflected on the way ants work.  Ants rely on one another because they are creatures of very little strength...they find food together and bring it back to the colony.  If an ant had to rely only on itself, I'm not sure the large task of storing up food would ever be completed!  That's like us...we can't do everything on our own...we need God's help!  

"I lift my eyes up to the mountains-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth"
Psalm 121:1-2

This verse was also one of the verses in one of the FaceBook groups I belong to where we were paired up with a Soul Sister...we were to create a Bible Journaling Tip In with the verse and send it off to encourage our Soul Sister!  I thought that concept tied in perfectly with our devotional here at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges.

I decided because my Soul Sister does not journal in her Bible but rather in a journal, I would stray from the typical style tip in.  I decided to go with a large tag that she could use as a book mark in either her Bible or her scripture journal.

Here's how it came together...


I loved this stamp from Unity Stamp Company as it looks like this gal is looking up to the mountains. I thought it tied in with our summer theme as it also looks like she could be sight seeing!
The bright blue sky, the lush green grass with a beautiful sight in the distance...just how we picture a perfect summer day!
The scripture verse I printed out from my computer and cut randomly and adhered it to the tag.  
I've used distress oxide inks to do all of the coloring on this tag, and have then sealed it with a matte medium.  I've also adhered a second tag to the back of this one so my Soul Sister could journal on the back if she decided she did want to use the tag as a tip in.  This way she had a clear slate with no ink smudges on the back and the tag was also a little more stiff! 

It was a quick and simple project, but I like how it turned out!
I'm not usually a tag maker...but perhaps I'll try to do more in the future!

That's all for me today!
Be sure to pop by the challenge blog to read what God layed on Diane's heart to share with you, as well to see the other stunning projects created by the rest of the design team!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!