Cardinal Christmas...

Hello and Welcome once again!
I hope you are keeping well!
I can't believe that it's another Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!
They seem to come faster and faster all the time!

As you are probably well aware, it's Christmas in July with us over at Heartfelt Creations and we've been sharing projects created with the Festive Holly Collection!
It is divine!

For this week's share I decided to attempt something a little different with the collection!
I am a lover of blue Christmas cards, and with all the reds and greens going on in this collection, I chose to challenge myself to get some blue in there somehow!
The idea to create a softer hued, water colored card came to mind and I got busy!

I hope you like how I've incorporated my blue interpretation into this project...


I've stamped the cardinal image onto watercolor paper using a permanent ink.  I've used my distress markers scribbled on an acrylic block and slightly watered down to color my image.  I've done the same with the die cut images around the Christmas bauble.


In the close up above you can see that the images are really water colored and have that look to them.
Once the images were all dry, I've gone in and then added a bit more color where I wanted portions to be darker!  Due to photo editing the colors are appearing slightly darker here on the cardinals than they really do on the card.

Using a dries white glue I've added some glitter to create snow where needed, and I've used a dries clear glue on the card background on the snowflakes and then applied a transparent glittter!
You can never have to much sparkle and shine around the holidays!


The Christmas bauble is a Spellbinders die that I purchased last year and never got around to using!
So, when I thought about how to add an extra touch of the holidays to this card...as well as some more blue and silver...these dies came to mind!
They are so delicate and pretty!
I've snipped apart and arranged the holly and berry die cuts around the ornament which has been popped up with pop dots to give the card some dimension.
I've created a multi loop bow as a finishing touch so the bauble didn't look like it was just there, but rather that it was hanging off the card.

I hope you've enjoyed my unique design for this newest holiday collection!
You now know that you can incorporate different colors by creating your own stamped background and bringing in different coloring mediums!
I also hope that you'll pop by the Heartfelt Creations blog to see what the rest of the uber talented design team has created!

Until next time...
Project Supplies and Instructions
Festive Holiday Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3792
Holly Berry Jingle Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3793
Festive Holly and Cardinals Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3791
Holly Berry Jingle Die, HCD1-7147
Festive Holly and Cardinals Die, HCD1-7145
Snow Kissed Flakes and Tag Cling Stamp Set, HCD1-3751
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, HCST1-401
Memento Dye Ink Pad - Summer Sky, TSMP604
Designer Dries White Adhesive, 159951
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, 159723
Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles, 352854

Other Products: 5"x 6.5" white card base, Gemini Die Cutting Machine, paper trimmer, water color paper, water color paint brush, water, Distress Markers - Barn Door Red, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, and Mermaid Lagoon, Spellbinders Heirloom Reflections Ornament Die, silver card stock, silver twine, Glitter Ritz, blue card stock, VersaFine Black Ink, acrylic stamp block, pop dots

Instructions: Stamp the small snowflakes from the Snow Kissed Flakes and Tag Cling Stamp Set onto white card base using a light blue ink. Set aside to dry. Cut a piece of water color paper just slightly smaller than 4.25" x 5.5" and stamp the main cardinal image using a permanent black ink. Water color using distress markers. (Apply color from marker to acrylic stamp block and then spray a bit of water onto it to get a lighter color, then use a wet water color brush to apply color to image.) Once dry, stamp sentiment onto card front panel using a permanent black ink. Water color background with shades of blues. Once dry, adhere to a blue card stock panel just slightly larger than the card front. Adhere to card base using pop dots. Stamp one inking of the corner cardinal with holly and berries as shown in sample and one corner of plain holly and berries onto water color paper using a black permanent ink. Die cut using coordinating dies, water color and shape using flower shaping kit. Die cut ornament cuts from silver and blue card stock. Adhere together using a dries clear glue. Adhere to card front as shown using pop dots. Snip apart both holly and berry die cuts and position around Christmas bauble as shown. Create a looped bow and adhere to top of ornament. Using a dries clear glue, add transparent glitter to stamped snowflake background. Allow to dry. Using a dries white glue, add snow where desired on images and then sprinkle with glitter.

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!