God is Faithful...

Hello!
Happy Sunday!

Today begins a new challenge over at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges that will run for the next few weeks!
For this challenge we are asking for projects featuring relationships...friendships, weddings, or anniversaries with the inspiration coming from the book of Hosea and the concept of steadfast love.
God is faithful even when we aren't...isn't that so amazing!  He continues to love us even though we reject Him daily or don't take time to prioritize our relationship with Him.  He extends us grace...so different than the world we live in.  How do we tend to react when friendships disappoint us, when people constantly let us down...
In these times, God has given us a beautiful example to follow.  God is always waiting for us, pursuing us to draw closer to Him and does not hold a grudge.  His love is steadfast and something we can count on in a world that often leaves us out in the cold.
I wish I could say that this is an area I have conquered in my life.  Too many times I am not gracious to those I have felt wronged by...too many times I beat myself up for not spending as much time in the Word and working on my relationship with God as I should be and this leads me become filled with guilt.  In the devotional Jeanne wrote this week for the blog (you can read it here), she points out that we are to pattern our lives after the teachings and example of our Saviour and we need to extend the same faithfulness that God shows us to those around us.  Not easily done without the help of our Lord.

Now, would you like to see the friendship card I created for this biweekly challenge?
I did something a little different than my usual style...

Let's take a look..


I used the smooshing technique to create the coloring on the background for the card.  If you're unfamiliar with the technique, there are many many YouTube videos for you to check out if you just type in "smooshing technique".  I've also used a water brush to flick a few droplets onto the background as well.  The floral image has been stamped onto water color paper using a permanent black ink.  This is an image from the Classic Petunia Collection by Heartfelt Creations.  I've stamped and paper pieced the gorgeous lady illustration created by Unity Stamps and paired it with a birthday sentiment...after all, we all love celebrating our friends!

I hope you've found yourself encouraged and inspired here today!
I also hope you take time to join us in our latest challenge!

Until next time...

This card has been submitted to the following challenges...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!