Family Vintage Style List

Whew it feels like it's been really busy here lately!
Last week you were treated to more guest designing, the regular Heartfelt Creations Wednesday, a vintage pocket letter for Scrapbooks by Design and now a new challenge with Unstampabelles...

As I mentioned, I'm back wearing my Unstampabelles hat today!
We are mid way in our current challenge which is...

"Family History - Who is in Your Family Tree"

We are asking that you use a photo from your family tree in a card, layout or any other project you dream up.  There are several twists this go round...we are asking you to frame the photo as well as to make this project in a vintage style!
Right up my alley!

I recently stumbled onto a challenge running on instagram called #listersgottalist.
You are supplied with a list of questions for each day of the month and then you create yourself a pretty little book where you document your answers. (I've had a smash book or two sitting in my possession for such a long time already, I dug one out and thought this might be perfect for this type of journaling.)  I thought this would be a really cool way of getting things down on paper for my kids to go through years from now...and maybe find out a little bit they didn't know about me or had forgotten.  It's rare that I take the time to do anything for myself when it comes to crafting, however I felt this was going to be worth it and bring some fun memories to myself and my family in the future.  

Now, it was really hard for me to start this project because it was almost the middle of May already and being the crazy person I am, I really like to start things at the beginning...but I didn't wanna wait for June.  Besides I had a fabulous idea using the current challenge at Unstampabelles to go with the question on the day I was starting my book. 

Here's a look at the page I created with the question of the day which was...
"Best Things About Being A..."
I went with Grandchild as I had my grandparents wedding photo that I wanted to incorporate into the design!


This was so much fun to do!  It was a great walk down memory lane remembering Grandma's special way of spoiling us with food, the treats that were always specially made for us, and the sheer feeling of being doted on.  

I decided to add an interesting fact to the bottom of the page explaining who was in the photo as well as an interesting tid bit...I had my wedding head piece created to match the style of my Grandma's!
I was lucky to have my own children get to know their Great Grandma...so I know this will make them think of her again someday!

A little bit of embellishing with a doily, flower, a few chipboard pieces and some pearl swirls and the vintage look was coming together. 

Now it is your turn!
There is a wonderful prize being offered to one lucky winner of this challenge...

(adhesive not included)

And, you never know when you will be chosen to be one of our guest designers!
I do hope you'll pop by the Unstampabelles blog to see the other vintage creations the rest of the design team have created for your inspiration! 

Until next time...

This creation has been shared in the following challenges...


1 comment

Penny Duncan said...

What a pretty and very special creation!! Yes I so agree....your kids will cherish that in the years to come.....and probably look back at it often!!!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!