When You Wish Upon A Star....

"When you wish upon a star,
Makes no difference who you are,
Anything your heart desires will come true!"

Do you remember who sang the song and where it comes from?
I bet I have you humming it!  LOL
Let me give you a hint...if you are my age or older, you probably remember sitting in front of the TV on a Sunday night waiting for this song to be sung!
That's right...it's from Disney and it was always sung by Jiminy Cricket before the show was to begin!  Such fond memories!

You may wonder what Disney has to do with my crafting post today...so let me share.  As you are reading this we will be flying home from Disney World in Florida.  We went for a 10 day stay with the kids and some friends to the "Most Magical Place on Earth"!  We were there about 4 1/2 years ago, and I printed online photo books for each of the kids that time.  This year I decided to do something a little different!  I decided to do a mini scrapbook style idea ahead of time which I can add pictures to after the fact! 

So...without further waiting, let's take a peek!
(Sorry for the photo heavy post today!)

Let's begin with the album cover...


Now...any of you who know me or have followed along the blog for some time will know that I love the old vintage and retro looks.  So, when I stumbled across this "old" Disney style collection that Simple Stories makes, you just know that I had to create with it!  I love the colors that are slightly muted and not so bright...and they were perfect when I was finished distressing and inking all of the pages!
This collection is called "Say Cheese" and of course, can be purchased at Scrapbooks by Design!
The collection includes several sizes of paper packs (both patterned and basics), a full Collection Kit which is perfect to get you started, both cardstock and chipboard stickers and a metal brads collection!  I can't tell you how much fun it was to play with all of these elements!
I added different stickers with 3D pop up dots to the front cover after covering the chipboard.  Of course everything was inked in brown around the edges and I applied a small amount of Stickles where I thought a little bit of shimmer would be fantastic.  

The album I chose to use was a chipboard album that came with several chipboard dividers inside and the pocket pages perfect for the pocket tags provided in this collection.  Now, don't be dismayed as any type of album you like will work and you can adapt to make the collection work for you.  Scrapbooks by Design carries several different styles of albums that may work for you!

Moving along to the chipboard dividers...




...and this collection comes with so many awesome pieces for journaling and matting your photos...




So there you have it!  Just a few pages of my Disney themed scrapbook ready to have those pics developed and added shortly after we get home.  
I've only been informed of one problem...our two kids have informed me that there is only one book and there are two of them!  LOL  I think I do see another project in the making!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!