Clean and Simple Vintage Fun

I'm back today with my last post for Pile it On Challenges.
I have enjoyed working with this wonderful group of ladies so much and this was such a tough decision to leave.

We have a fabulous challenge for you today...

"Vintage"

One of my faves of course.
I didn't have a lot of time to create this week, so I decided to go with more of a CAS style vintage.  The stamp set I received from Rogue Redhead Designs was just fabulous!  A big Thank You!
The ladies in this stamp collection reminded me of days gone by catalogue or pattern ads.
I wanted the image I chose to be the centre of the design.

Here's how it came out...


I've stamped her and the sentiments in black ink.  Once dried, I applied brown ink on the paper to give it an aged feeling.  I've chosen patterned papers that I felt represented eras gone by and that were quite feminine and complimented the gorgeous image.  I've added just a bit of color to the image, not coloring too perfectly as I wanted it to appear old.  All of the layered edges have been roughed up around the edges.  The final touch was the metal flower which so reminded me of a brooch from years ago when it was fashionable to be wearing them.

Our sponsor for the challenge this week is Rogue Redhead Designs!



They have some fabulous new stamps out for Christmas as well...be sure to stop by and check them out!

That's it for me today!
Hope you'll enjoy what's left of your weekend!
Be sure to take the time to check out the other wonderful creations at the Pile it On blog!
While you're at it, maybe take some time to play along!
I'd love to see your vintage creation!

 Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...


17 comments

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Elegant sweet card!
Thanks for playing at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Erum Tasneem said...

Perfect!! <3
Thanks for sharing this over at Lia Stampz. Good luck!
xx
Erum
Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

Unknown said...

fabulous card thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

Pat K said...

Beautiful card with a lovely vintage feel. Love the touch of silver too.
Thanks for joining in the birthday celebrations this week at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

cass said...

Gorgeous CAS card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

pauline said...

Beautiful,thank you for joining in over at Seemacrafts November challenge

Gill McCall said...

such a sweet image, great project. thanks for entering into the Sisters of Craft monthly challenge. Gill DT

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts. PennyRae DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at seemacraft

Chris said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining in at Seemacrafts. Chris DT xx

Erum Tasneem said...

so beautiful!!
Thank you for sharing this at Lia Stampz. Good luck!
xx
Erum
Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

Mema's Crafts said...

Thanks for sharing your talent and playing with us at Mema's Crafts. We hope to see you often. Good Luck!

Lia said...

lovely card! thanks fro playing along with us Lia Stampz Challenge Blog DT

Anonymous said...

Great Birthday Card. Looks Brilliant.
Love the Design.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Bianca said...

What a lovely card and wonderfull colorcombo! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. Bianca XXX

Unknown said...

Lovely!!!! Thank you for joining in this months challenge on Seemacrafta. Hugs, Donalda DTM

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!