Holiday Confusion

Happy Friday...and Happy Halloween!

I'm back to share a card with you that I've created for the Scrapbooks by Design blog and online store!

Now I bet you're thinking I'm coming at you with a Halloween themed card...but no...I decided I was going to be like the local retailers and promote Christmas today!  Doesn't it seem strange to have the Halloween section and the Christmas section out in your local store at the same time?  LOL

I fell in love with Graphic 45's "Twas the Night Before Christmas" paper pack and think I actually had to wipe away a little drool!  I was so excited when it arrived in the mail!

Take a peek...

Twas The Night Before Christmas 12 x 12 Paper Pad 

Isn't it fantastic?
It's also available in several different sizes.  I've used the 12x12, and there are 8x8 and 6x6 paper packs as well.
Scrapbooks by Design also carries the coordinating decorative chipboard, stickers as well as tags and pockets.

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the paper pack and saw that there were templates for several elements included on the front and back covers.  I decided to use the small envelope and tag templates and incorporate them into my card design.

Here's a look at the templates I used in my creation...

 

Here's how it came out...


After I created the envelope I cut off the closure flap so it would remain open for the tag to be inserted.  I fussy cut the Santa image and adhered it to the front of the envelope.  I cut the tag from a piece of the decorative paper and tied some green and red ribbon to the end.

Here's a close look with the tag peeking out...


I've fussy cut most of the elements on this card from the paper pack itself. All of the pieces have been inked with a brown ink to make the card seem aged. The snowflakes have been cut with my Silhouette Cameo and have then been glittered.  The Santa and reindeer in flight is created with a metal die and The BigShot, however I'm not sure of the maker.
The sequins are Lawn Fawn brand...and I noticed that they are no longer available in the Scrapbooks by Design Store.

Well, I hope I haven't created too much holiday confusion for you!
It really is Halloween today...so please keep a watch out for those little trick or treaters tonight!
In between answering the door and handing out treats, take time to check out the Scrapbooks by Design store...you're sure to find something to inspire you!

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

1 comment

Nancy said...

Oh, yes! Christmas is the much better choice! lol Beautiful work!
BTW...I love shopping at Scrapbooks by Design! :o)

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!