Time for Tea...

Welcome!
Sit, relax, grab a cup of tea and stay awhile!

I have a super unique card to share with you today!
We have an interesting challenge running over at Unstampabelles this month in which we are asking you to create a birthday card for either a significant person, significant age...and we have the twist of...

"A Shaped Card"

We have a wonderful sponsor this month who actually allowed us to choose our own shaped blank card.  Thanks so much Regal Craft!
 You really need to check out all of their cool designs...

Regal Craft
http://www.regalcraftcards.com.au/

They are offering one lucky winner a $15 gift voucher to spend in their online store!

When I saw the tea pot shaped card, I just knew I had to create with it!

I wanted to use some antique looking paper for the base, and found some beautiful blue patterned paper was perfect! I inked the edges to give the card an aged look. Then I found the beautiful tea pot and teacup images on a piece of scrapbook paper and fussy cut them turning them into die cuts. I was excited to figure out a way to use them on the creation somehow.  I love how the tea pot looks like its pouring out the Happy Birthday sentiment.  Popping up the teapot die cut really helped give it this look.  The sentiment is a silver sticker and tied in nicely with the silver cording I used.  

Here's a peek at what I came up with...


...and another view...


I thought it came out rather unique!

As far as the significant birthday...please promise not to laugh!
The significant birthday is...ME...because I turn a very significant 40 this month!  LOL
I love vintage teacups, saucers and tea pots...but can't stand drinking the beverage it holds.

So, are you up to the challenge?
Start with deciding whether you'll design for a significant person, a significant age, etc...and then figure out a shape that you'd like to create with.  Then be sure to link up with us at Unstampabelles
We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Remember...you only have until August 29!

Until next time....

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Sugar Creek Hollow..."Let's Celebrate"
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge..."August Challenge"
Bloggers..."Birthday"
Sister Act Card Challenges..."Anything Goes"


3 comments

Filharmonica said...

Cute card .-) Thanks for joining us at Suger Creek Hollow this time! DT Heidi

Daniele said...

such a great card.love these papers thank you fr joining us at SCH
hugs

Hazel said...

Love the teapot Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!