Feminine Fancy

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening...depending on where you are visiting from today!
So glad you could stop by!

Today is a new challenge at Pile it On!
This week we would like to see cards made for the ladies in your life!
Our theme for this challenge is...

"FEMININE"

We are sponsored this week by the wonderful

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuroraWings?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav

who are offering one lucky winner a $10 Gift Voucher in their Etsy Store!
This digi stamp company has absolutely beautiful and detailed images!
I fell in love with the image "Kitten in Tea Cup".
I felt this was a great image to turn into a very feminine card.

Here's how my attempt turned out...


  While printing out the image I quickly decided I would print the sentiment straight onto the image sheet as well.   I chose one of the many sentiments I had from TLC Creations!  I just love Paulette's work!  I then got busy water coloring the image.  Now my daughter (age 10 almost 11) believes that pink is the most feminine of colors...and I tend to agree with her.  So I decided to go with shades of pink for the roses.  I added a thin layer of diamond Stickles on top of them to give them a shimmer.  I rummaged through my stash of pearls and came up with some beautiful swirls which I figured added to the softness of the card.  Now I thought a doily was the perfect addition to the tea themed creation.  I pinch pleated a doily as best I could and used it as a background for the roses I was about to put on.  I grouped the roses and then added some netting in various places...not sure you can see it too well in this photo.  And for the finishing touch I added a pearl hair pin.
My daughter felt it came out very pretty!

There are so many different elements you can incorporate in a card to make it feminine.  Please be sure to check out the other DT creations at the Pile it On blog as well!  I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  I can hardly wait to stop by your blog to see the feminine creation you come up with.

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Doodle Pantry..."Any Digi Image Goes"
Flat Friends Challenge Blog..."Use a Sentiment"
Mema's Crafts..."April Challenge Anything Goes/Spring/Easter"
The Cupboard Trilogy..."Friends/Friendship"
The East Wind Challenge..."Use a Sentiment"
Crafty Girls Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Art Impressions Challenge Blog..."Getting Girly"
Delightful Challenges..."Hip to be Square"
A Song in Your He{art}..."Everything Grows"...(kitten/animal, roses)
Crafting by Designs..."Anything Goes April Challenge"
Divas By Design..."Anything Goes"
Word Art Wednesday..."Anything Goes...uplifting, spiritual"
Aurora Wings Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Open Minded Challenges..."Animal Antics"
Polkadoodles..."Animal Magic"
QKR Stampede..."Recipe Challenge 123"



Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!