A Little More Vintage...

Hello Everyone...Welcome Back!

Here's my second post for the today!
If you are looking for my {Pin}spirational Challenge Blog submission, please scroll down.

I was so very excited when I saw what this weeks challenge was at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!  It's all about the Vintage!  WooHoo!

We are sponsored this week by none other than... 



...who is offering one lucky winner an awesome prize.  Be sure to check out The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog for details.

I fell in love with the digi entitled "Isabella Meet Me in St. Louis".  I loved the way she was dressed. I thought about heading into the Valentine theme with this little sweetie, but then the thought of vintage fashion came to mind.

Here's a look at how that idea came out... 


I had a fabulous page from Heartwarming Vintage and decided to use that as my background.  All those elegant ladies dressed in vintage hats and dresses made the perfect way to start.  Of course I had to distress the outer edges and ink them in a dark brown as well.   I colored up Isabella with my Tim Holtz Distress markers and popped her up to give the card some dimension.  I had an awesome quote that I purchased from TLC Creations which I thought suited this card perfectly.  I again roughed up the edges and inked the image to give it a vintage look.  I used some cream colored lace to make a bow, which I adhered to the 1/2 doily on the upper corner and added some flowers and a hair pin.  In the bottom corner, I adhered a strip of lace as well as 3 small flowers to finish the card. 

I hope I've inspired you to go back in time and produce a project that reflects eras gone by.  I'd love to come to your blog for a visit to see what you were inspired to create.  And, of course don't forget to link up with us over at The Crafter's Cafe...and while you're there take a look around the Cafe and see what the other fabulous DT have created to share with you.

Until next time...
 
This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Crafting from the Heart..."Anything Goes/Use Flowers"
Craft Your Passion..."Girly Girl"
Lexi's Creations..."Monochromatic"
Love To Scrap..."Anything Goes"
Ooh La La Challenges,,,"Fashionista"
Without Words..."Occupations" (fashion model)
Pile it On..."Sentiment as the Focus"
Open Minded Challenges..."Monochrome"
DL Art..."Vintage"
MilkCoffee Challenges..."Girly"
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges..."Monochrome"
Crafty Sentiments Designs..."Anything Goes"

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!