Walkin' in a Christmas Candyland

Hello!
I'm so excited today!  Several months back I applied to be a DT member for the Pile It On Challenge Blog.  Unfortunately I did not make the cut...but was invited to play along as a Guest Designer during the month of December.  And guess what...today's the day!  The twist at Pile it On Challenge Blog is to enter as many challenges as you can with a given creation!  Easier said than done sometimes!

Now the challenge this week over at Pile it On is "P is for..."
And the fabulous sponsor is non other that Jellypark, who have graciously offered one prize winner 2 digis of their choice!
I had the pleasure of playing with their digi stamp entitled "Princess for a Day".  Awesome....that was one "P" for the challenge!  LOL

Let's take a peek at what I did with this cute little princess...


Now, let me run through all of the "P is for" elements in this creation...princess, pearls, patterned paper, palace, and pink!

I wanted to create a different kind of Christmas card with this cute little princess...and I hope you feel I've accomplished it!  I do believe this is one of the craziest cards I've ever created...so many different elements going on, glitter, bling, ribbon, washi tape, hand coloring...but my 10 year old daughter absolutely loved it...so I know I captured what I was going for!

Every princess needs a castle or palace...but on a Christmas card, that princess needs a candy/sweet treats winter wonderland kinda palace!  I found this cute little image at Digi Web Studios and decided it was perfect for my little royal lady!  I colored the images with my Spectrum Noir markers .  I started the card with a snowflake patterned paper background.  I added candy and candy cane washi tape on both the top and the bottom of the card base.  I popped up the candy palace with 3D pop up dots and did the same with the princess image.  I cut out some snowflake die cuts with my BigShot and added Glitter Ritz to them along with a sparkling gem to each centre.  I printed out the perfect sentiment which reads "Hoping Your holidays are the Sweetest Ever" which I had purchased from Whimsie Doodles.  Then I went to town on the rest of the card with various colors of Stickles, Glitter Ritz and some gems for the bows on the palace and some pearls for the little princess' dress.  Lastly came the finishing touch of the bow.  I think the card came out extremely busy...but in a "sweet" sorta way!  LOL

I hope I've been able to inspire you to create a project with the letter P in mind and to link up with Pile it On!  It's been a ton of fun trying to enter as many challenges as I could with one card...not something I usually take too much time to do!  
I would also like to take the time to thank the design team members of Pile it On for having me!  I have have so much fun creating for this challenge! 

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!