A "Sweet" Farewell

Hi Everyone!  It's post number four for this week!  It's been a busy one!
Today's post is brought to you courtesy of {The Lollipop Ladies}.  Today will also be my last creation and post with them.  As you've hopefully already read in a previous post, I have decided to cut down on the number of design teams I'm on as I have accepted a teaching position at our local craft store.  My term has come to an end with TLL and I have enjoyed my time with them.  They have been an awesome group of ladies to work with!

On with the post...

As always, we have a yummy inspiration picture for you!


...and your additional twist for this challenge is to use a sentiment!

My inspiration for this challenge comes from the various colors in the picture.  I made it my goal to try to incorporate every color pictured on my card!  I also used the cake itself as inspiration...just in a mini version...the cupcake!  I love cupcakes.  They are my go to dessert if we have unexpected company announce they are coming, or if I need to bring something to a function but need to make something quick.  The thing I love about cupcakes is that you can dress them up, or down!  As for the sentiment, it's a message I'd like to send out to all of you who have participated in our challenges since I've been here...as well as the awesome design team.  You ladies have been so sweet and a pleasure to work with. 

Here's a look at my creation...

 

The cupcakes and sentiment have been printed and cut with my Silhouette Cameo...don't look to close as the sentiment didn't cut all that well...guess it's new blade time.  The sweet little girl image is a clipart file from Digi Web Studio, and is called "Bridget Loves Cupcakes".  I've popped up random cupcakes on the background with 3D pop up dots, and Bridget has been popped up as well.  Lastly, I've added some stickles to the cherries on the cupcakes to give the card a little sparkle.  I have to admit that this card didn't take very long to make and is nothing fancy...sorry, it's just been that kinda week! 
I hope that I've maybe given you a little inspiration with this card.  So far we have not had any entries for this challenge, but don't fear as you still have a few days left to participate. 
Our sponsor for this challenge is Annabelle Stamps...

http://www.annabellestamps.com/

who is offering a lucky winner a $10 gift voucher!*
Remember that there are also Guest Designer spots to be won! 
*prize only awarded if there are 7 or more entries in the challenge
So get creating...use the colors, textures, any elements on the cake that inspire you!  Let your imagination run free!  I will pop by here from time to time to see how things are going and would love to see some super creativity linking up with this fantastic concept blog!  I'm hoping to even play myself once in awhile! 



Update...this card placed in the following challenges



8 comments

Jennifer said...

How very delightful! Love the dimension you've given this sweet girl! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Keti's Projects said...

This looks jammie. Thanks for playing with us @ Izazovi i sladkiši.

Hugs, Keti (DT)

Anonymous said...

Lovely Tracey. Best of luck with the new job. Cheers.

Nanne said...

Super cute card and love all of those yummy cupcakes.
thanks for sharing this with us girls over at Stuck On U Sketches.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! Who wouldn't love to have that card pop up in their mailbox? Thanks for participating in the die cut challenge at stuck on you sketches:)

Eli said...

Too cute! I love this card and the cake too! Eli (SOUS)

Andreja said...

What a beautiful and fanny "chocolate" cards you made!
Thanks for playing with us at "Izazovi i Sladkiši" this week.
Hugs, Andreja

valou250809 said...

Lovely card! thanks for playing with "Wags'N Whiskers Challenge" this week. Good luck!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!