It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

As I sit here and work on this blog post I find my mind is starting to switch gears because the weather here has been cooler and it's feeling more like fall everyday!  We have had such a short summer season here in Manitoba, Canada this year...and I'm not ready for sweaters, school supply shopping or packing up the camper.  I'm really hoping our hot weather will return yet, or that we have a super nice long fall season!   I must admit that my mind has also turned to Christmas as well.  Don't be upset with me for mentioning it, or that I've also started doing some gift shopping!  LOL 

Seeing as I have Christmas on the brain, I figured it would probably be a good time to slowly start getting into Christmas Card making, and our theme this week over at Crafty Creations Challenges totally inspired me in that direction!  And our theme for this weeks challenge is...ADD TEXTURE!  Now our super sponsor this week is...

bugaboo+badge

I was browsing in the Bugaboo Store last week and saw that they were having a "Christmas in July" sale and all digis were 50% off and when I came across this little image my creativity starting flowing.  Take a look at what I came up with...


The image has been colored with my Tim Holtz distress markers.  I have added Glitter Ritz to the snowballs and to the snowman himself, and it totally reminds me of a soft sparkling snow.  As for adding texture to the card, I did several things...first I embossed my navy background paper with a snowflake embossing folder.  I then added a doily and some rhinestone swirls behind the image as well as two metal snowflake charms.  And lastly, I used some vintage ribbon and adhered it to the back of the digi itself.  Because the ribbon added a bit of bulk, I decided to pop it up with pop up dots.  Here's a closer look at the image itself...


And a peek from the side...  

So I hope I have inspired you to add some texture to your card creations this week!  Make sure to come over and share them with us at Crafty Creations Challenges, and you could be our next random winner!  And don't forget to visit the other DT's blogs and leave them some blog love for their "textured" creations!  See you again soon!

This card has been entered into the following challenges...
C.R.A.F.T...."Monochromatic"
Sweet Stampn' Christmas..."Snowmen"
Deep Ocean Challenges..."Christmas in July"
Robyn's Fetish..."Add a Charm"
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenges..."Spread a Little Joy"
Christmas Cards All Year Round..."Fussy and Fancy"

7 comments

Nancy said...

Ooh...lovely card, Tracey! I don't think I knew you were in Manitoba. For some reason I thought you were in Ontario! Fall is definitely on it's way...and winter close behind! I better start making my Christmas lists! lol :o)

Lindsey said...

This is so cute, Tracey! I love that snowman and how you've coloured him. I'm torn between starting Christmas cards (a really good idea) and making summery cards to pretend it still feels like summer! ;)

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks Lindsey! In my mind I know I should be starting Christmas cards because my November craft sale is coming quickly! That being said it does feel like it pushes summer out the door! ;)

Hazel said...

One of my favourite Bugaboo images - super card - thanks for sharing for CCAYR 'fussy and fancy' challenge (DT) - thanks also for entering my CHNC challenge 136 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

WendyP said...

what a lovely card - thanks for joining our challenge at Robyns Fetish challenge blog

Deanne Saunders said...

What a cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the jolly snowman and wonderful detailing.
thank you for entering your fabulous card into the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge
Sue xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!