Here Comes the Sun!

Whew!  I can't believe its Monday again!  The weeks seem to be flying by, and the weekends even faster!  This is the kiddos last week of school, and I knew that I needed to get busy with creating a gift card holder for my daughter's teacher. 

I wanted to create something that would fit the personality of this wonderful teacher.  I know that her and her husband enjoy camping, fishing...and destination vacations.  So, I decided to implement a sunny beach design.  I still wanted it to resemble coming from a child...so here's what I went with!

 



The "waves" background paper is from the Echo Park collection entitled "A Perfect Summer".  The sun, little gal on the beach as well as the "Hello Summer" sentiment have all been purchased from the Online Silhouette Store and cut & printed with my Cameo.  The red ribbon attached at the bottom to close the gift card holder was a Dollarama purchase and the yellow button with twine was a random button I purchased in a bag of buttons at Walmart!  I added some "Patina" Stickles to the one row of waves, and some "Cotton Candy" Stickles to the sun's cheeks just to give the card some sparkle.

A fun and simple design...that will hold a Boston Pizza gift card as my daughter says her teacher just loves pizza!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I hope this creation has brought a little bit of sunshine to your world!  Come by for another visit again soon...

This project has been entered at the following challenges...

Catered Crop...Die Cuts/Punches
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog...Summer Vacation
Sentimental Sunday...For the Girls
Corrosive Challenges...Summertime
2 Sisters...Summer Fun
Craft Lovin Challenge Blog...Anything Goes
Speedy Fox & Friends...Beach
Word Play Saturday...Summertime
2 Creative Chicks...Buttons, Bows & Brads
Silhouette Challenges...Print & Cut
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog...Summer
Creative Corner Challenges...Summer
Stuck on U Sketches...Die Cut "Sun"
Cameo Creations...Summertime
The Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge Blog...Bright and Breezy
Make My Monday...Summer Scene
Melonheadz Friends...Summer
Lia Stampz...Anything Goes
The Perfect Sentiment...Sun and Sand

Update:  This card placed in the Top 3 in the following challenges...

                                                   "Sun" Die Cut Challenge



                                                  June Challenge "Print & Cut"
Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!