A Sketch Challenge

Welcome!  Glad you could stop by today!

The creation I want to share with you has been inspired by a card sketch challenge over at Card Crafter's Circle.  Here's the sketch they posted over at their blog for us this week...


Lately I've been working on cards that I've needed to create for Bithdays, Baptisms, Get Well Wishes, etc. and have been thinking that I need to get back to making cards for the craft sale I will be participating with closer to Christmas.  So, I got out a bunch of my supplies and set out to create a craft sale card using this sketch. Here's what I came up with...


                           


And here is a close up... 


This card came together in a jiffy.  For the cards I will be selling at the craft show, I have a tendency to not put too many embellishments, etc. on them as it just drives up the cost!  

The background paper is from a Designer Paper Pack I picked up at Walmart called "Black & Ivory".  The photo die cut has been matted on black card stock and then matted again in an offset pattern with a leftover scrap from my "Secret Garden" by Graphic 45.  Baker's twine was wrapped around that little bundle of papers before it was adhered to the card itself.  The photo die cut and sentiment have been fussy cut from a Heartwarming Vintage Crafty Secrets sheet.  Love those!  I attached a brad that looked like the head of a nail to give it a masculine feeling and it ties in nicely with the motorcycle.  Lastly, I adhered 3 random buttons which were laying around my craft room!  

And there you go...nothing to spectacular today...although I do have to say this would make a great anniversary card, wedding card or engagement card...and it would stand out because it wouldn't be the typical one that everyone would receive during those occasions!

Thanks for dropping in today!  Hope you stop by again soon!

1 comment

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Tracey , I think that you are right .It is a fabulous creation with beautiful vintage image suitable for anything for a friend .
Love it .Thanks for sharing on Card Crafters Circle

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!