Please Send Flowers, Flowers & More Flowers

For the last few days it has been extremely dreary here....we've had an abundance of  clouds and very few moments of sunshine. I've made almost daily treks to my flower bed and it seems that while many people are already enjoying some of their perennials, mine would like to hibernate just a little bit longer. I've hung out the birdfeeders and am happy that at least the Hummers, Orioles and Gold Finches have returned giving me some color to keep my eyes on! Our spring has been so chilly this year, and I find myself longing to see butterflies, dragonflies, wildflowers, etc.

Now since I had flowers & butterflies on the brain last night, and knowing that I needed to create a special Baptism card for a very dear friend of mine who is getting baptized on Sunday, I thought I'd work some of my nature wants into her card design. 

I got busy and here's my creation...



I began with a patterned background paper which I then inked over to give it an aged and vintage feel.  I stamped the religious sentiment straight onto the card (stamp is from the Itty Bitty Collection made by Unity).  The "Blessings" bird cutout is from Heartwarming Vintage...which I fussy cut and then used my distressing tool around the edges, followed by some inking again to add the aged look.  I then matted the cutout onto a piece of brown card stock to make it pop off the page a little more.  The paper diecut flowers peeking out from behind the matted image have been cut with the steel die "Bella Bouquet" made by Memory Box.  I love the dies they make, as they are so delicate!  The grouping of flowers on the lower corner come from various collections including Stamp'n Up and Recollections.  The pink colored ceramic flowers and butterfly come from our local dollar store believe it or not!  The final touch was the pearl hat pin which I picked up at my local craftstore...Love is In the Details!  Love that place!  Again, I wish you could see this card in person...my poor photography skills do not do it justice.

This card was a labor of love, and I hope my dear friend will enjoy her special day!  And, I hope she will enjoy her very special card made just for her! 

Now since there has been very little sunshine these last few days, I've spent more time looking at challenge blogs and sketch blogs than I should have...and I've come across some really neat ones!  Here are a few of them that I have entered this card with....

Stuck on U Sketches....Floral Die Cut Challenge
Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog...Blooming Lovely 7th Challenge
Crafting When We Can...Challenge #45-Punches and/or Die Cuts
Crafty Creations Challenges...Challenge #223 - Wild Animal Image/Print
The Cupboard Trilogy...Spring Flowers Challenge #11

And I guess for today, that's a wrap folks!  Thanks so much for stopping in...and I'd love it if you would leave a comment so I know you've been here!  I hope this card brought some sunshine to your world today!  Here it's still rain and clouds unfortunately until Sunday so the forecast says!  What's a girl to do?  Sit down with the Ipad and scout out more crafting blogs I guess!  LOL  However that does not get the housework done!  Until next time...

9 comments

Robin said...

Your card is so beautiful! If it's even prettier in person I'm sure your friend will treasure it for many years. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can and good luck! Hugs, Robin

Zoe said...

Such a pretty card, thanks or joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Hugs Anna-Karin

Wendy said...

How lovely! Thank you for entering the Rhedd and Rosies challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT member) xx

xxbella71xx said...

What a beautiful card, thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog.

Stella xx

TCT DT

Fern said...

Beautiful card, Tracey!! I'm sure your friend will love it!!! Love the verse, the beautiful flowers, and the Vintage Bird cutout... I hope you get some warmer weather soon!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Tracey!
You know, my first thought is...ohhhhh baptism!
I think I need to think about doing it myself, as an adult.
My issue is that I am NOT a fan of doing the water thing
so being dunked...ah, scary! LOL!
Anyways, already loving the card! Well done girl!

~Leah

Tina said...

Beautiful beautiful card, love the image and sentiment . Perfect. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Absolutely Adorable. I just love those papers

Thanks for joining us at Crafting When we Can

Caz

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!